Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Metric to Imperial connection

McMaster.com has a lot of steel British and metric to NPT adapters. Uou might be able to make up what you need with two adapters. Also try hydrolic hose and fitting suppliers. They usually carry a lot of european adapters.


  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth Member Posts: 1
    Metric to Imperial pipe fittings

    We are in the HVAC business where we are to receive some products from Europe (Italy) that we will need to hook up to our piping in the US. Is there a manufacturer in the USA that sells/manufactures wroth copper flush bushings that will adapt from the metric dimension pipe to the US copper water pipe?
    Thank you in advance
  • Gary Fereday
    Gary Fereday Member Posts: 427
    Ya might look at \"Swedgelock\" fittings!

  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Elizabeth,I have been waiting for...

    some freeze proof valves in 1&1/4 ,1 &1/2, 2"from Italy ,They are of a particular interest to me. while you are there , would you chirp up casting the plastic valve in standard American sizes and threads??

    Thanks. I Knew i could count on you. *~/:)
  • Jimmy Gillies
    Jimmy Gillies Member Posts: 250

    Hi Elizabeth,
    If the connections are threaded you may well find they are BSP threads, over 50% of the brassware manufactured in Italy comes into the UK. I would have said 'exported' but with both countries being part of the EU, that term may not have been correct.
    We order Plumbing items from Luca in Italy and have them here in Scotland in five days.
    I hope that's some help.
This discussion has been closed.