Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Heat Timer DRC control

Options
and therfore check http://www.heat-timer.com/manuals/om-src.pdf for the maunal on this. This unit has a burner contact to turn on the boiler or at least a control to the burner. The valve output is for a steam valve that would open and close according to a senser input from the supply piping. These controls are usually specific in nature for applications. But heat-timmer is pretty good at helping you--can be very "techy" though.

Comments

• John Boyer
    John Boyer Member Posts: 57
    Options
    Heat Timer DRC control

I recently bought a Heat Timer DRC outdoor reset control on e-bay, hoping to use it to control a hot water heating sytem gas burner.

The control came with reasonably decent instructions, but they are not at all clear on a couple of points: The unit has a "circulator" switched output and a "valve" switched output. What is the difference between them? When I hooked the "valve" output to the burner, the control turns it on for about a minute, then off for about 5 sec, then back on for a minute, and so on indefinitely. The manufacturer can probably answer these questions but appears perhaps to be on vacation all week.

Have any of you had any experience with this particular control? Is it in fact suitable for the applicaation I am trying to use it for?

Thanks in advance.

- Larry Proulx
  • John Boyer
    John Boyer Member Posts: 57
    Options

Definiely DRC

Will probably wait to talk to them, but will also look at "src" on their web site. "S" for "steam", "D" for I don't know what?

Thanks for help.

- Larry Proulx
  • Larry_35
    Larry_35 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Unwanted gravity circulation

I recently removed an old coal/gas conversion burner gravity boiler and replaced it with a newer forced circulation gas boiler. I replaced most of the humongous gravity piping with 3/4 inch copper. It is a two-story house. I installed a Taco flow control valve in each of the four loops. The adjustment screws are screwed down which should allow the flow control valves to work.

Now I get gavity circulation, especially to the second floor, even when the circulator is not running. Can anyone suggest a solution to this?

Thanks

- Larry Proulx
This discussion has been closed.