Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

New pressure control

Guest_5
Guest_5 Member Posts: 35
I recently had a licensed professional came and fix some piping and radiator fixes.

After he left, I went to check the vents he installed and I found out he based the vent sizes on the distant of the radiators from the boiler instead of the size of the radiator.

Hence, one of my smaller radiator was hissing and spitting out water. But as soon as I replaced that with a smaller vent size, the spitting and hissing went away.

However, the supply valve starts to hiss slightly (they checked and it was ok when they were evaluating the radiators).

I also have these few questions:

A) My boiler's PSI starts at 3 (even when its off) and reaches 6PSI and shuts off (cutin is 0.5 and cutout is 1.5). Is it damaged? Mathematically its fine as its max PSI inside the boiler is 3 (starts at 3 and ends at 6).

B) I wanted to change from pressuretrol to vaporstat, but the guy told me to do that, he needs a full system assessment in order to properly install a vaporstat. Is he right?

And finally,

C) My thermostat utilizes red and blue pins to stop and start the need for heat. Should I just leave it on and lower the temperature at night instead of using a blue/stop pin?

Thanks in advance.
This discussion has been closed.