Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Daylight savings

i went down to change the time on my vitodens only to discover it's smarter than me! nice.

Comments

• Bill Nye_2
    Bill Nye_2 Member Posts: 538
    Found this interesting

the history of daylight savings time. I didn't know so I looked it up

Daylight Savings Time

• soot_seeker_2
    soot_seeker_2 Member Posts: 228
    I still find this interesting....

all the electronics - including thermostats - that are set to adjust for daylight savings time will all be wrong next year..

won't that be special.....

wonder if honeywell or whoever are doing any trade-ins..

ss
  • Dale
    Dale Member Posts: 1,317
    next year dst

It is but I guess shouldn't be surprising what a little change in the law causes. We are going to need to reprogram hundreds of elect. meters to the next year dst. Large utilities will need to do thousands. All this costs $ which someone will eventually pay. My laptop had the correct time this monday, but it won't next year.
  • Steverino
    Steverino Member Posts: 140

Maybe it's just me. Does anyone else find that they're tired
    all day after we "gained an hours sleep" in the fall? It seems much easier on the old body & brain when we lose that hour in the spring.
  • pennron
    pennron Member Posts: 48

hi:

I'm surprised that the makers of these devices didn't use the atomic clock feature to change DST. I have 2 clocks, an alarm clock and even my wristwatch that uses the atomic clock via a small transmitter that transmits to FT.Collins, CO. every night at 12, 2 and 4am the atomic clock sends out a signal across the US. My watch and all my clocks had the correct time on them on Sunday morning. Makes life a little easier...

Even my '07 Honda's navigation doesnt use atomic time. Very strange...
  • Maine Doug_51
    Maine Doug_51 Member Posts: 23
    I think

the extra hour got used to change all the clocks and make the clock on the VCR go blink, blink, blink blink, blink, blink for another year.
This discussion has been closed.