Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

wheres water going

Options
Will S.
Will S. Member Posts: 10
When new steam boiler steams, I get about an inch or so fluctuation in sight glass. Pressuretrol will limit and boiler shuts down. Water then decreases drasticly and bottoms out below sight glass, lwco trips. There are two check valves on the return with a condensate return trap in
between them. Condensate line does not get hot when this happens. I have skimmed and cleaned with tsp, but fear boiler may not be clean enough. Has been running a few days with a few problems and water is very dirty, had to pull water feed sensor probe to clean. How long should I expect to have this dirty water problem? Is it possible there is still some oils in the boiler causing these problems. The boiler also builds up 1.25 lbs of steam very quickly after initail steaming and seems to be short cycling. Any ideas.
Thanks for any help.
JT

Thanks for any help
JT.

Comments

• Will S.
    Options
    wheres water going

When new steam boiler steams, I get about an inch or so fluctuation in sight glass. Pressuretrol will limit and boiler shuts down. Water then decreases drasticly and bottoms out below sight glass, lwco trips. There are two check valves on the return with a condensate return trap in
    between them. Condensate line does not get hot when this happens. I have skimmed and cleaned with tsp, but fear boiler may not be clean enough. Any ideas?

Thanks for any help
    JT.
  • Will S.
    Options

Noel, thanks for the help. That was a great article, it cleared up something that was really concerning me. Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.