Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Burnham Revolution Boiler Problems!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• pennron
    pennron Member Posts: 48
    Options

• Cosmo_3
    Cosmo_3 Member Posts: 845
    Options
    Flowchecks?

Except for the indirect water heater I do not see flow checks for the zones. Are those circs IFC Taco's? Otherwise, though it may not be as pretty as some would like, from what I can see it is piped ok. I see pumping away, expansion tank in the right spot. The stain on the floor looks like is from the Watts #9D. Have your contractor check on the flowchecks, if you don't have them you may have some gravity circulation stealing some btu's during the summer.

Without knowing the gpm requirements hard to tell if things are sized right. I hate to have to ask, but has the burner been tuned in using an electronic combustion analyzer?

Cosmo
  • pennron
    Options
    flow checks and things.

hi:

I assume those are the flow checks. sorry they were not included in the large pic.

I'll have them check the condensation. I see the stain. its coming the pipe attached to the watts backflow preventor. the other so called stain was just dirt on the floor, not a stain.

now you mention, "I hate to have to ask, but has the burner been tuned in using an electronic combustion analyzer." wow that sounds like the auto expert who took the stand in the movie MY Cousin Vinny. What in tarnation is that? My hvac is coming here on 11/17 so I'll get to ask them. I think they clean the burners or they do something with them in addition to other tasks.

To those who may have caught that there is only one ball valve on one of the circulators, its because that zone was added by me and my buddy last Jan to a master bathroom. The original installer did not include them.

I am happy to hear that basically the piping looks correct and that my problem doesn't appear to be with this setup.
  • Cosmo_3
    Cosmo_3 Member Posts: 845
    Options
    ah I see

Flowchecks indeed

Cosmo
  • pennron
    Options
    heat/loss calc correction

HI:

I just received my updated heat/loss calc from Hannabery which now includes the insulation in the floor joists (basement) which wasn't in their original calculation. I now have a heat loss of 48,645. The DT is SUPPY CFM AT 20DEG DT: 1,569. TOTAL HEATING REQ. WITH OUTSIDE AIR: 48.645 MBH.

So I take it with my Revolution RV5 which has a net of 99,000 I am truly oversized. It seems that they should have installed an RV4 (73,000, maybe an rv3 48,000).

So is this amt. of oversizing enough to make me waste say 400 cub. ft of gas a year? What bugs me is I had an independant co. do the heat/loss calc and while he wasn't on site and used just a small blue print he came up with 84,000. Thats a vast difference. Any comments most welcome. I'm having UGI gas coming here thurs. to check the gas pressure and meter manifold regulator.
    ron
This discussion has been closed.