Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Off topic, but need help

DanHolohan
DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
You're a heck of a role model.
Retired and loving it.

Comments

• David Sutton_6
    David Sutton_6 Member Posts: 1,079
    Hi guys

My friends..
    I am going to a royal ranger pow wow this weekend were i am the guest speaker. i will be talking to about a hundred boys and men. My mission is to encourage them to do the right thing..The thyme is OBEDIENT..

Obedient; a ranger is obedient, he obeys his parent, his teachers and those in athorotiy

the main focus is spiritual, to obey the lord, and to keep his word...

I NEED your prayers that the lord will use me to reach these kids and to help guide them in the right direction.

Got to tell you i have a lump in my belly over this.
    i realy want to make a lasting impression

Thank you for you help in this....
    David Sutton
    Sectional Commander
    Western Mass
    Royal Rangers
  • David Sutton_6
    David Sutton_6 Member Posts: 1,079
    Thank you ! Dan

• Josh_10
    Josh_10 Member Posts: 787

Dave I second Dan's opinion! Thank you for your service. That is a tough subject. An impact for a lifetime for sure.

Mandy and I will pray for you tonight and tomorrow morning!

Your Friend,

Josh
  • Perry_2
    Perry_2 Member Posts: 381
    A suggestion

Dave:

I have been thinking on this for several days; and the tradegdy that you all will hear about on the news tonight - A High School Principal being killed by a student clarified things. That incident happened about 40 miles from where I grew up. I know the town well; and competed against them in HS sports.

My message - and I hope you can figure out how to say it: Obedience has its limits. It is more imporatant to do the right thing than to be obedient if someone they should normally obey is doing things or seriously talking about things that are not right.

Doing what is right may be hard at the time; but in the eyes of the lord and in spirt is never shameful.

As far as what has happened near where I grew up: at least one other student knew that this student was planning on killing the H.S. principal. I note that not an hour north of here; in Green Bay Wisconsin a similar plot was broken a few weeks ago up when another student brought fourth the information.

I am sorry it took such a tradegy to bring this out of me. I was wondering what how to say this earlier.

While I don't know you personally; I am gratefull that you are involved with the development of children. One of my personal acid test for close freinds is "where are you giving your time to - as a charity action." I really don't care what cause they are involved in - just that they are involved in something. It speaks volumns that you are involved.

Perry
  • Darrell
    Darrell Member Posts: 303

Good for you for doing it. There is no higher calling, or greater resposibility than training our sons to be God-fearing, community minded, family oriented, bring home the money type Daddies. Most Churches focus on kids programs, and they are important...but, if we can get the Dads and their sons...we'll straighten out this world. I'll bet my lunch money the boys who have been doing the shooting at the schools don't have dads, or other men who care enough to say, "you know...that's not right". And, yes, sometimes right trumps blind obedience.
  • Gene Howley
    Gene Howley Member Posts: 5

Qudos for you for doing what you are doing. When we walk through life we have mentors an other leaders where we learn and gain respect from. Those boy are looking up to you for responsibility and direction. Not an easy task to do. Don't let them down. Be a good Ranger and they will always remember it.
This discussion has been closed.