Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Brad White...

Empire_2
Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,340
Next training session with Mark and Brad attending, we'll have to open BOTH Double doors to get em in.....;-) Agreed, Lot's of knowledge and I'm glad they are on our side. It's always nice to know where to ask for info.

Mike T.

Comments

• Jim Farrell
    Jim Farrell Member Posts: 46
    Brad White...

Brad,

Are you a contractor...??
    If so where in the USA...???
  • Brad White_128
    Brad White_128 Member Posts: 7
    Project Engineer

HVAC design in Boston. But darned handy in the basement, let me tell you :)
  • Jim Farrell

do you work of a manufacture...???
    You are pretty sharp....
  • Brad White_9
    Brad White_9 Member Posts: 2,440
    Thanks for the compliment, Jim

I am amazed daily at what I do not know...

I work for a consulting engineering company in Boston. Our principal projects are schools, commercial work, public projects, universities. In my prior job I did a lot of hospitals, health care, laboratories, libraries and collections design. Oh, not to mention houses. :)
    Next February marks 30 years in the business, over the last 25 in responsible positions. Love it. Just love it.

Thanks for asking!

Brad
  • Jim Farrell

Brad,

I work for Weil-McLain and reading your posts one would think you are either a engineer or you work for a manufacture of HVAC Products...Thanks for you contribution to our industry...We need more guys like you...

James P Farrell
  • FINALLY !

Finally ! We got someone from Weil Mclain on the Wall ! Welcome aboard, Jim ( if u are a newbie to the wall)
  • Ragu_5
    Ragu_5 Member Posts: 315
    Holy Smokes Batman!

Wow! A Weil McLain guy AND a Brad White compliment, all in one post;I truly am amazed!

Brad: I have really learned a lot from you; can't wait to meet you in person. I thank you and do appreciate the fact that you are willing to share and impart your knowledge; you're a good guy.

Aw, shucks! I forgot where this was meant to go, but I had to respond. See ya.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • S Ebels
    S Ebels Member Posts: 2,322
    Stop it Ragu!

Pretty quick his head will be swollen to the same size as Mark Hunt's after we all slobbered on and on about his steam job. :)
  • Brad White_9
    Brad White_9 Member Posts: 2,440
    Head is already big, Steve

Swedish. On my mother's side. Big blockhead. Cannot be helped! Ego checked at the door, I am still learning and humbled daily.

Now, Mark Hunt on the other hand, deserves to crow about his steam system!
  • Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,908
    I expect

2 pounds of jerky for that remark Ebels!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

It's all good!

Mark H

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • jazz
    jazz Member Posts: 1
    consultation

Brad,

I was recommended to contact you by the people at Boston Building Resources. I hope I have the correct (Boston area) person.

I have recently purchased a single family home at 8 Cataumet Street in Jamaica Plain that is overall in very good condition and is insulated, but the heating and cooling systems are idiosyncratic and I am interested in making the house more comfortable and more efficient.

I would love to have someone with expertise evaluate the systems and recommend some solutions. I would be happy to pay you for your time and I hope you are willing to do a brief consultation, or recommend someone else if you are not available.

Many thanks,

John Stein

jstein@berklee.edu
  • While you are waiting for Brad to reply

Tell us about your system and it's problems:

Boiler make and model

1-pipe or 2-pipe

Strange noises

Unevenness of heat?

A picture of the boiler and it's piping would help.

There are some excellent steam books in the shop here which will make the operation more understandable, and will help you tell a knowledgeable steam man from a mere knucklehead-Plummer.--NBC
This discussion has been closed.