Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Having a bad day????

Sounds like a good bet

Every time copper is stolen from me its an inside job

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=405&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Maine Ken
    Maine Ken Member Posts: 531
    Oopsie!

$30,000 of copper stolen in Mars Hill

By Bangor Daily News Staff

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 - Bangor Daily News To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040

I find this hard to believe. I wired big box mall spaces for years...and let me tell you, it does not take much 500 or 750 MCM to be unmovable without heavy equipment. If they brought a torch, it would be obvious. Maybe a ratcheting cutter, or portable band saw, but you get to a ton worth of wire in just a couple hundred feet or so.

Tim
    Just a guy running some pipes.
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,831
    Inside Job.........................................

Guaranteed...............Mad Dog

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Sawzall

Battery operated sawzall, Mad Dog hit it on the head. Loose lips sink ships!

Gordy
  • Perry_2
    Perry_2 Member Posts: 381
    Or professionals

I worked at an exotic niclkle alloy foundry and machine shop for a while. We were targeted by professionals and hit an average of every other month.

There are professional metal thief circuts out there.

However, now if one would do what I saw years ago (before the internet was big). It must have been 15 year ago or so. Someone - with their nice new F350 (with duals) thought that they had found the perfect metal theft. Parked in an unusual spot was a semi trailer with a roll of steel on it. All these highly intellegent thiefs had to do was back up their pickup truck to the end of the flatbed; release the chains and blocking holding the roll of steel on the flatbed and roll it into the pickup.

Unfortuanely, it never occured to them why a flatbed only carries one roll of steel... It rolled very nicely off the end of the flatbed, into their F350... and squashed it flat as a bug (with the wheels stickin up arround the roll of steel (all 15 tons of it).

The police had no problems identifying the miscreants once they got the roll of steel off of the new compact pickup and could get to the license plate.

I happened to see it before the crane arrived to lift the roll of steel back onto the flatbed. No cartoon could look as good as what that pickup looked like under that roll of steel.

The truck driver could not stop chuckling....

It made my day; and I still laugh about it.

Perry
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,831
    We got hit for the scrap steel & iron next to the garage

a few water heater et cetera. I was stockpiling it for our boiler rip out guy and someone bagged it. Too bad those thieves weren't crushed by that huge roll of steel...I love when criminals pay the ultimate price...saves us taxpayers alot of $$$$$ and provides lots of laughs..... Mad Dog

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Larry (from OSHA)
    Larry (from OSHA) Member Posts: 717
    happens here too

I guess some people will steal anything without a thought of what it might lead to.

http://www.startribune.com/462/story/711984.html

Lucky no one was killed.

Larry
This discussion has been closed.