Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Biasi boiler review?

Options
Ragu_5
Ragu_5 Member Posts: 315
Have about 30 out there since they replaced the Vega around 2001. All oil and all with Riellos. No leakers and no problems.

Once again, they are a decent, low-cost, 3 pass, low mass cast iron boiler; however, as with ALL low mass units, the big complaint is that they will bounce off of high limit. It's the nature of the beast, and you get what you pay for.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=428&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• sid_2
    sid_2 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    BIASI BOILERS-ANYONE HAVE EXPERIENCE

• Maine Doug_29
    Maine Doug_29 Member Posts: 5
    Options
    Do a search

on this site for "biasi" and you will find much previous discussion on these boilers. I have 2 of them in my building.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Biasi

I like them!
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • mikea23
    mikea23 Member Posts: 224
    Options

very good boilers we have installed alot of them but the gas gun makes alot more noise then i think it should
  • The Kid_2
    The Kid_2 Member Posts: 19
    Options
    Biasi boilers

I have installed only one... I liked the why it ran. The only thing I don't care for are the hinges for the front door, if they are not lubed up during maintenace (espicially if you live next to the ocean as we do) I think there might be some issues in the pins breaking...

What are the results of the hinges Mike?

The Kid
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    Yes

Have installed dozens,zero problems.Very tough to beat for the price. I like them so much I got this plate!

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Super Drain
    Super Drain Member Posts: 15
    Options

I have installed 6 so far. The oldest one has been in place for 2 years. Never had a problem
  • sid_2
    sid_2 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    BIASI BOILERS NJ AND PA.

BIASI BOILERS HAVE A FOLLOWING IN NEW ENGLAND AND IT SEEMS A GOOD FOLLOWING IN NEW YORK. WE RECENTLY BROUGHT THEM INTO PA AND NJ TO DISTRIBUTE. IF ANYONE WANTS INFO CONTACT ME OR TOMANTONELLI.COM
  • Howard Emerson
    Howard Emerson Member Posts: 111
    Options

Ragu,
    What does 'Bounce off of the high limit' mean?

Thank you,

HE
  • Joe Brix
    Joe Brix Member Posts: 626
    Options
    I think he means

a low mass boiler like the Biasi only has 5-8 gal of water in the HX. Since you can't modulate the oil burner, it quickly hits high limit. I would think a reverse indirect or buffer tank would solve that problem. I'd always pick a low mass boiler with a buffer over a lager mass boiler.
    Easier/lighter/more compact makes installation easier and there will be less stand by loss from an insulated tank rather then a boiler with a flue pipe.
  • Jed_2
    Jed_2 Member Posts: 781
    Options
    Ditto,

"bounce off the hi-limit". What does that mean? MAYBE, just MAYBE, you're not PIPING them RIGHT. Differential is 5-30°F. What do you set it at? But, then again, they're not "V's"; Maybe you got confused with "V'S" way, and "B's" way. But, then everyone "Downeast" might not appreciate, or have the $$'s for your "V" methods, that is, IF, you can get them.

Never had a problem! Maybe you're confusing the pocket books of you're clients, and the proper piping methods of the FINE Biasi, B10 Series, boilers; which have been sold around here (Yes, at one time as G-series Vega's, but essentially the same FINE boiler), for close to 15 years, with the Super-Rich client expectations. The SG series Biasi can be set up to perform every bit as well as a V, for a fraction of the cost. Oil fired "V's" are a hunk of iron just like the "B's". What you do with it is up to you.

Jed
  • DIYGirl
    DIYGirl Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Biasi is not living up to expectations

Purchased a Biasi Riva until in 2008. Since then, I have had numerous issues with this unit. The most recent being that the circuit board has gone bad after only 5 years in service. It's cost almost 30% of the original cost for installation to get it repaired. The warranty is 2 years on all other components and 10 years on the heat exchanger. My Biasi experience has been one that will not allow me to deal with this unit in the future. Buyers beware.
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,432
    edited February 2014
    Options
    We are talking....

two different units here.... The original posters were talking about the B series oil fired boilers. DIY is talking about a gas fired wall unit. What type of issues? Is this a new boiler in a New system or a boiler replacement in an existing system? What type of issues? Do you have pix? Proper installation is a must w/ the new wall hung boilers. Any electrical board could get fried by a electrical surge....
  • kcopp
    Options
    Just love it....

when people bomb throw here and then never respond to other willing to help fix a problem...
  • Homeuser
    Homeuser Member Posts: 1
    Options
    My unit (B 10) is just a few years old and continues to cycle on and off every few seconds. The installers are having trouble identifying the issue. Any thoughts?
  • kcopp
    Options
    Describe your system....
    Burner? Zone valves? Circulators? Controls?
    Pictures are very good....
  • ll-john
    ll-john Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Love mine, installed 2 years ago with a Riello burner and it's run without issues. Much more efficient than the old unit it replaced.