Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit

What is it? More importantly can I get another.

Brad White_9
Brad White_9 Member Posts: 2,440
Look in the Q&A section under Gravity Hot Water and scroll down to near the bottom.

Gravity hot water systems were lucky to have them, these Honeywell Unique valves. A flap that allowed supply and return isolation and diversion in one.


  • Shawn Bisgrove
    Shawn Bisgrove Member Posts: 20
    Pictures enclosed.

    Now that I am familiar and comfortable with my Gravity Heat Hot Water system in my house, I am moving. The place that I have closed on dates from 1910 as well and mystifies me to some degree. 90% of the radiators are set like the enclosed picture. I know it is a quarter turn valve that either allows hot water to bypass the radiator or connect the radiator to the system. Please if anyone knows an origin, name or workaround if god forbid one of the valves starts leaking (one already did at one point and they fixed it with what looks to be epoxy so it will not turn).

    Scary things are not so scary when you know what they are.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 15,425

    in the Library, you'll find the patent, thanks to Gerry Gill
    Retired and loving it.
  • Shawn Bisgrove
    Shawn Bisgrove Member Posts: 20

    Thanks a million Brad and Dan.
This discussion has been closed.