Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

another munchkin install (clammy)

RoosterBoy
RoosterBoy Member Posts: 459
nice job clammy i like the supply and return painting and the nice yellow gas pipe :-)

thanks
Jason

Comments

• clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,103
    Yet another munchkint80 install (clammy)

Yeap here's another it yet to be fired waiting for the meter ,went by today and did a little wiring and have about 1/2 day yet to finish her up by next wen she be up and going .This unit replaced a arco oil fired in a pit in a crawl space and real thriller.I rerouted the supply and returns with pex to the new boiler room with new domestic and a recirc loop.The unit of course has a vision one kit andv500 outside termation kit but there not doen siding the home is all older heavt duty base board wall to wall so i will be setting it up for a max temp of about 160 on design day so most of the time she should just chucg along an dnot cycle to muckh .This again was not my job i just did the work and of course we ghad lots of fun peace and good luck clammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
  • clammy
    some pics maybe

here they is
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
  • Larry (from OSHA)
    Larry (from OSHA) Member Posts: 717
    Iron Man strikes again!

Just when I was going to say something about the last one, the Clam-Master strikes again. WOW... nothing like having a thing for being detail oriented. I just love looking at your work. What you do is what I will be showing to the guys that work around here. I have stalled my own install until spring, but when they say "you want it how?" I can show them. Thanks Clammy for the inspiration and have a good weekend.

Larry
  • terry_5
    terry_5 Member Posts: 92

nice job, i've never seen anybody paint the pipes before,NEVER!
  • Uni R_2
    Uni R_2 Member Posts: 589
    paint

MAD DOG paints pipes... beautiful black. Clammy's got the colors.

Clammy, the (originally) black iron work is fantastic looking!
  • lund
    lund Member Posts: 25

Clammy,
    Nice job, Thanks for posting.
    Lund
  • clammy
    Thanks for the inspration

Thanks for the inspration but on this one i have to thank my buddy work partner and a great friends Terrance sowetimes we don't see eye to eye but just like me he loves when things look good and are doen right alot of times while we are doing jobs together we look at each other and without a word and know that we are retarted why beacuse that's what ever other plumber who knows us say you guys are crazy but we have a common thread we love quality and we adore that looks on inspectors <HO and other contractors faces besides knowing we are doing the right thing i think most have never seen boiler work and pipe work as a thing of beauty or art now they do Thanks again for the kind words peace and good luck and have a excellent relaxing weekend clammy
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
  • Plumdog_2
    Plumdog_2 Member Posts: 873
    painting pipes

Hey I like that. You guys have a unique way of doing things. Simple and functional. And attractive. How do you prep the pipe and what kinda paint is it?
  • clammy
    rusolom oil

Rustolmn oil based and either vinger or acetone i feel the vinger is a better choice .I also use vinger when threading pipes top remove oil i used a 2 gallon bucket and i drip the ends in and it removes the oil on steam boilers it really cuts the skim time down and helps tp remove excess oil from cutting but i also tilt my pipe machine so the oil drip back out the front of the pipe instead of running to the other end it's the tiny things that make a difference thanks and peace and good luck clammy
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
This discussion has been closed.