Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

taco circ relay

Options
bob_17
bob_17 Member Posts: 14
I have a 4 zone relay on a 3 zone system. I would like to use the 4th zone to opperate the primary loop circ. If I were to wire the end switch to t-t on the 4th zone the primary circ. would never shut down when nothing calling for heat. It seems I should be able to cut a tab off the relay cube so it wouldn't actiideas??vate the end switch. Any ideas?

Comments

• Jed_2
    Jed_2 Member Posts: 781
    Options
    Why not just

use the ZR output as the hot lead to the primary circ? On that control, when there is a zone demand, the ZR becomes hot. That is if it's a Taco SR series. I don't know about other SR's

Jed
  • Or

Run a hot lead to one side of the isolated end switch and power the primary circ with the other side of the end switch . Taco has a great diagram book for all sorts of wiring scenerios -

http://www.taco-hvac.com/uploads/FileLibrary/100-9.0.pdf
  • Jed_2
    Jed_2 Member Posts: 781
    Options
    Ron,

Doesn't it depend on the XX is firing the burner? Is XX running to tt on the aquastat, or can it handle the LV?

Jed
  • Maybe

we should ask what kind of aquastat is being used and how it's currently wired .

For a triple aquastat we connect ZC to ZC and ZR to ZR from aquastat to relay . Which frees up the dry contact end switch for primary circ control .
  • bob_17
    bob_17 Member Posts: 14
    Options

Thanks for the feedback. It,s a gas fired boiler with electronic ignition. XX is being used to fire the boiler. If I could get the zone that powers the primary pump to NOT activate xx than I believe it would be ok. There must be a tab on the CUBE that activates xx.
  • testing
    testing Member Posts: 4
    Options
    testing

testing
This discussion has been closed.