Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Calling Dan H.

Options
FRANK_24
FRANK_24 Member Posts: 80
We went to see Sr. Joanne at St. Stan's today. After spending a few hours sizing the school and convent, and wondering what was done by whom and why, the good Sister told us she was related to you, Dan.
The existing cast iron boiler has a fist sized hole way up high. [another dead soldier]...too much fresh water added, do ya think? There is another boiler that doesn't work that's connected to the header. Figuring out the installed loads... one is too small and two are too big. No lead lag either.
Both the school and the convent have the same problem....the second floor gets way overheated while the third floor is cold. First floor...no complaints.
What a shame the things done to that system. A two pipe steam system, without rad traps in the school,but air valves and a big ole 2" master steam trap on the single convent return, then another one after the return manifold [one convent, one wet, three dry] and before the way too small condensate reciever/pump whose piping looks like a "Lazy-bar-Z".

Naturally there is no money to replace traps in the convent, or do the right thing. "Just replace the boiler."
If I can't do the right thing, I don't want the job....then what happens to me in the after-life??? not helping the good sisters an' all. God help me. bwdik?ijap

Comments

• johnnyge
    johnnyge Member Posts: 86
    Options

You are in a difficult situation, Think that if you don't help the good sisters, Who is going to put the good words(prayers) for you with the Big Boss (GOD). If you don't help the sisters maybe you ended up in a room full of steam, lots of steam down under.I'll be praying for you and God Bless your Soul. :-)
  • Bob D_3
    Bob D_3 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    What did Dan say

about Relatives and churches?
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,530
    Options
    She's Marianne's cousin

and if you can't do it right, don't do it. I agree 100%.
    Retired and loving it.
This discussion has been closed.