Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

spirovents

Options
jeff_81
jeff_81 Member Posts: 1
Is there any distance requiremnts when installing a spirovent in a system. I'm familiar with pumping away, I would like to basically no if the is a minimum distance between Spirovent/Expansion tank and circulator----- and if there is a min distance between a circ pump and check valve installation? thanks

Comments

• Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040
    Options

Some check valves will chatter if too close to a elbo or circ. Some vents want a straight run of pipe equal to 5X's the diameter of the pipe. Read the instructions. They will tell you what they want.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    Just a guy running some pipes.
  • Spirovent

I've used spirovents in almist all locations. The only restriction is the horizontal models must be used horizontally. Same applies for the 1" and 1-1/4" verticle models.

You will find that they will work better if you can keep them 18" away from an elbow. They will work just fie with less.

A standard air scoop MUST have 18-24" of straight piupe before them to do what little they do for air removal!

Regards,

Steve
This discussion has been closed.