Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

mclain utlra 80 or munchkin 80M?

Options
Ken_40
Ken_40 Member Posts: 1,320
the prices from a website. Many "discounts" exist that are NOT published on any website...

Between the three? All three are quality units IMHO.

The Munchkin is made in the U.S., if that trips your trigger.

Comments

• ronyD
    ronyD Member Posts: 9
    Options
    Weil-Mclain utlra 80 or Munchkin 80M or Buderus?

We be upgrading from an old American Standard Arcoliner oil boiler to a nautral gas boiler. Any thoughts on what key factors (other than price) I should concentrate for my selection process. I haven't yet attained pricing for the McLain Ultra 80 or Buderus, because I need to go through a local Supply house or contractor. At least Munchkin has prices on-line. McLain is pretty much an all-in-one package, supplying circulator, outdoor reset and sensor, 2 pump controls. Buderus you must buy their logomatic control separately for outdoor reset, etc.( sounds pricey for a complete package??).

Any thoughts are appreciated...
  • Joe Mattiello
    Joe Mattiello Member Posts: 707
    Options

Great questions! I'm sure you will get the information you need to make an informed decision. Best to do the research before buying the boiler, and other componets for your newly engineered system.
    Joe Mattiello
    N. E. Regional Manger, Commercial Products
    Taco Comfort Solutions
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    Also

consider the Lochinvar Knight 80 K. Virtually all the mod cons are assembled in the USofA with components from around the globe, including the Munchkin.

hot rod

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Joe@buderus_2
    Joe@buderus_2 Member Posts: 302
    Options
    GB142

As of about one month ago, the Buderus GB142 includes the AM10 module which does outdoor reset. We also include the piping manifold with each GB142 to help insure proper flow and near boiler piping. The GB142 has been sold in Europe for the last 20 years. We use an aluminum block with a ceramic burner. With any condensing boiler, system design is important! The system should be designed to operate with low as possible water temperature. Return temperatures above approximately 130 degrees will lower the effiency of any condensing boiler. The R2107 control is not recommended to be used with the GB142.
This discussion has been closed.