Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

New heating system

Options
Jim very nice looking install, what a differance in boiler size huh?, bet the landlord said.."its so small" they all say that...nice work !...David

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=386&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Jim Burke comfort zone
    Options
    New heating system install

I just finished this install after a long day working solo for a landlord concerned about high fuel bills there teanants were paying.
    This old monster was in a cape on long island N.Y and probably would have heated half the block.My scrap guy's came over to remove this beast from basement and thought they could carry it up the stairs in one piece (NOT) they finally gave up and split into sections.I wish they could do heating I could have used some help on the install .After a long day i was able to fire this baby up and give the teanant heat & plenty of hot water.
    I am sure they will be pleasantly surpised with there fuel usage this coming heating season.
    I am sure there oil company will be calling them to find out who they are getting oil from.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,113
    Options
    Yeah !

Nice looking job Jim clean neat top notch simple and clean ,you my friend did a beautiful job the landlord will no doubt be lining his pocket with the coin he has and will be saving as for the oil co there are not going to be happy .The few g215 i have put in used alot less fuel then the boiler it had replaced in one case something like 400 gallons on a auto fill that took like 400 to 500 every 2 or 3 weeks amazing stuff and a great product peace and good luck keep up the great work clammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
  • chapchap70_2
    chapchap70_2 Member Posts: 147
    Options

Wow, split old ones like that up before they get there unless they come with a crane! LOL
  • Joe@buderus_2
    Joe@buderus_2 Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Nice job

Nice, neat one day solo job! The savings from the Buderus Logamatic should be huge! Thanks for the pictures. Be sure to plug in the electric anode rod on the indirect tank!
  • Brad White_122
    Brad White_122 Member Posts: 9
    Options
    Looks like a model installation!

Picture-perfect final installation. I like the encroaching Buderus Blue paint coming in from the right on the white wall....coincidence? Or is the owner a Penn State grad? :)
  • Phil_15
    Phil_15 Member Posts: 13
    Options

Very nice job Jim

Who makes that air separator? It uses a short horizontal run which I could use.

Phil
  • Jim Burke comfort zone
    Options
    Thanks

Hey thank you fellas for the compliments.I try to give my custumers a quality job & take great pride in what i do so when craftsman from this site recognize this it makes me feel great.That air seperator is made by honey well & works great & not bad on the pocket book to boot i like the way vent can swivel in any direction & it also has a cap you can close if need be on fill up.Thanks again

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Jim Erhardt_2
    Jim Erhardt_2 Member Posts: 5
    Options
    Combustion Air

Nice job - it's always great to see an install with pride!

Looks like the area is pretty tight infiltration-wise - make sure you have an adequate opening for combustion air.

Keep up the great work!
This discussion has been closed.