Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Tekmar 369

Options
I'd be very careful about "plugging" the boiler. Is this something Burnham would allow as far as safety and warranty is concerned?????????
Good luck with your project. If your local TEKMAR guy is as good as the one we have here, he can help you a lot more than I can. Glad if I was of some assistance.
AL

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=248&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• KBP&H_3
    KBP&H_3 Member Posts: 67
    Options
    Tekmar 369

Anyone using a Tekmar 369 ,, if so,, please comment on setup and end result w/ fuel saving and comfort--- or e-mail me so I can call you---klbest@ptd.net
  • Al Letellier_9
    Al Letellier_9 Member Posts: 929
    Options
    Tekmar 369

Have used a lot of Tekmar controls including the 369. If you've got the right control for the application, you can't help but like it. If this is a new application or re-wiring the stat would be easy, take a long look at the tN4 controls from TEKMAR. Easier to install, a lot more room for wiring and they work great.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • KBP&H_3
    Options
    Tekmar 369,

Thanks Al,, nice to hear from You. This is an application w/ a Tekmar 260 and Burnham rv5 boiler,, on setback, etc.. my own house,, Talked to a sales rep from Venco Sales ( Burnham rep) and he suggested this.. said he used this control and outdoor reset on 4 zone system and replaced 20 year old oil boiler and saved 50% over old oil usage.. w/ prices of propane these days, I'll probably save in 1 yr thecost of 369 and 4 rtu's,, the t stat wires are existing 2 wires,, but I probably could get new wires in for tn4,,, I wish these different companies would all get bought out by one Hot water company so that I wouldn't need so many different catalogs.... ( kinda like carrier and warm air,, Cough Cough,,, sorry ,,, A/C I mean,,,, what control matches up the same as this in TN4 if I can ask???
  • Al Letellier_9
    Al Letellier_9 Member Posts: 929
    Options
    tekmar

You didn't say what you had for system set-up......how many zones and indirect? If so and you already have the 260, you can coupleit with anybodies zone controller and have the same thing. I have an oil fired WM GO3 with indirect and 3 heating zones, one radiant and I'm using the 260 and a Taco SR506 and it works great. If you think about the tN4 system, a 420 will give you reset and control domestic hot water. Then add whatever you need for zone controllers. A 336 will do 4 additional high temp zones.
    I would need to know your exact configuration to determine what would be best. How many zones and are you using an indirect? How do you control the zones? With circs or ZV's?
    I'm not fiamiliar with your boiler as Burnham and I don't always see eye to eye.......not a bad boiler, just not my boiler of choice.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • KBP&H_3
    Options
    Tekmar

Al,, first off thanks, The Burnham is a Revolution direct vent propane fired condensing boiler w/ internal circultor to monitor boiler return temp ( it auto mixes the return water for condensing)) I'm using 4 circs and have yet to add a 53gal Burnham indirect fired,, the boiler is oversized ( the IBR out is about 99,000 and I have only60,000 of connected baseboard load w/ 4 zones ( the FUTURE hasen't happened yet) Circs may be pushing too much water on two zones- Taco 007 w/ 60' overall and only 16,000 BTU ( thinking of changing to zone valves to save electric and cut flow,, Thinking of plugging one burner tube on each side to cut out about to 73,000. Mostly interested in getting this thing to condense as much as possible and also getting rid of bang,bang,, Also seem to have a fequency of boiler starting up as the zone shuts off,, which is why i'm intrested in zone controller, ans post purging to and from indirect fired,,, called local Tekmar rep and am waiting for answer back ,, w/ more info,, instead of printing Tekmars pages,,, Thanks for your help,,, I've did alot of standard systems,, but putting everybody's peices into a high tech control system isn't common around here,, NW New Jersey,,,
This discussion has been closed.