Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

A fume recuperator?

hr Member Posts: 6,106
the Zilmet site shows these heat exchangers. HMMMM I could think of some uses for that device :)


hot rod

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=144&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>


  • RoosterBoy
    RoosterBoy Member Posts: 459
    Looks like it can do it :)

    like you say,keeping up on all the many aspects in an of itself is a chunk of right efforting. *~/:)
  • bigugh_4
    bigugh_4 Member Posts: 406
    Looks like

    An idae that needs refinement. Like what to do it the condensate? Not to mention the particles of combustion i.e. ashes of dust etc. that'll collect in the 'wrinkles' of the inside.
  • Dave_4
    Dave_4 Member Posts: 1,405
    Fume Recuperators

    It's probably intended for boiler manufacturers.

    The law was changed here in April, so that only condensing boilers can be fitted. Some manufacturers had developed a range of condensing boilers ready for this. Some other manufacturers have fitted a secondary heat exchanger to their existing range to comply with the nwe law. There are apparently corrosion issues with many of these 'secondary heat exchanger' types.

    I tried to get a flat expansion tank from Zilmet about a year ago, but got no response. They had made the original, but I could only get a replacement from the boiler manufacturers at about 5 times the cost of a round tank. I fitted a round tank.
This discussion has been closed.