Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

wireless thermosats please !

Options
Thank You Guy for your "sensitive" answer. i too like to sleep with the window open , and the blanket high. it gives me a sence of being outdoors 1...By the way, i found another wireless manufacturer that does give you a portable thermo: RCI Automation LLC, thier number is (619)857-4268...They also have a websight....Peter..But how do I zone my monoflw system?........................*****************************?????????????????????

Comments

• Peter Mark_2
    Peter Mark_2 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    zoning a monflow system

Have to zone a monoflow system, but to hard wire 14 remote thermos in an old plaster wall house is a nitemare, are there "wireless thermostats available?...And how do I zone a monflow anyway, by valving the returns of each diverter?...
  • Maine Ken
    Maine Ken Member Posts: 531
    Options

Not advisable to valve a monoflow. You will kill the flow downstream of the valve.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • bob young
    bob young Member Posts: 2,177
    Options
    mono-flow

maybe install non-electric temp. reg. valves on each radiator w/ remote sensor
  • Guy_6
    Guy_6 Member Posts: 450
    Options
    FYI

I agree with the above, but FYI, Honeywell has a series of wireless t-stats.

I would like to get them with belt clips, so SHE can have it warm when she's in an area of the house, but it can drop to my temp when she's not. It's not really feasible, but it beats the thermostat wars...

I'm still trying to figure out why,at night in the dead of winter, we have the electric blanket on high, the heat set well, and the WINDOW OPEN.
    I would like to say that I know better than to ask, but the reality of it is that I am afraid of the answer...
  • Maine Ken
    Maine Ken Member Posts: 531
    Options

Re-pipe it start to finish!!! Separating it into the number of zones you want.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Mike T., Swampeast MO
    Options

Not advisable to zone any system that highly with digital thermostats. Probably impossible with a monoflow system.

Consider Thermostatic Radiator Valves (TRVs). These will "zone" each emitter, but they are NOT digital (e.g. either on or off). They are proportional. In most circumstances they will be in a semi-on condition that strives to just maintain the desired setting.

TRVs are moderately compatible with monoflow systems. Bypass lines around each emitter are required. This is NOT a DIY proposition unless you study, study, study and have LOTS of time and energy to devote to the problem. A knowledgeable pro will save you much time and aggravation.

Note the "moderately compatible" comment regarding TRVs on monoflow systems. The present system must be carefully assessed to see if the conversion is feasible. Even in the best circumstances, the system will not perform as comfortably or as efficiently as one using two pipes. Danfoss (likely the premier manufacturer of TRVs conceeds these points in an exceptional study on just this subject). Sorry, but I don't have the link. It was posted here years ago and I printed, but cannot find the paper at their US site.
This discussion has been closed.