Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Moving boilers

bob_34
bob_34 Member Posts: 40
i have 2 lectro trucks. one about 23 years old that worked really well. i bought a new one a year ago and i don;t like it. too top heavy. at least 30 pounds heavier than the old one- all up high and the shoe has a slippery design for holding on stair treads compared to the old unit. and the movement is too sudden compared to the older model. if i had to do over i would get the aluminum powermate. to get in and out of my box truck and over raised cellar bulkhead entrances i use 2 plastic warehouse pallets- about 30 pounds each with plywood top. i can spin the boiler lectro truck load around right on the pallett. very slick and the palletts stack and slide tipped up in and out of the truck. the palletts are from northern tool and i think they were about 75 bucks each.

Comments

• Dan Goodridge
    Dan Goodridge Member Posts: 62

I was wondering how most people move boilers inside and remove them. We have used a variety of methods including outsourcing but none have been satisfactory. I am thinking about an electric hand truck but have no experience in choosing. On paper, the Escalera looks good but I wonder how it works in the real world. I would appreciate any input.
  • Tony_23
    Tony_23 Member Posts: 1,033
    IMO

The Escalara falls short. It only lifts 9" at a time, a real PITA for loading onto or off from the truck. Also, I think it could break the nose of a step and slip back down, kinda scary thought.

I have a Lectro Truck. It lifts about 40" in one pull. Does stairs with ease. Very solid. Costs more, but you get what you pay for.
  • joel_19
    joel_19 Member Posts: 931
    trukin

We have an elektra truck way to go worth the dough . just spend it want proof as to why ? let me show you the MRI of my back

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Dan Goodridge
    Dan Goodridge Member Posts: 62

Bob

Is the new lectro truck steel or aluminum?
  • Marty_3
    Marty_3 Member Posts: 14
    Lectro truck

I own the aluminum Lectro truck (capacity 1500 lb.) but I would recommend the steel model if others besides yourself will be using it. The aluminum is lighter (165 lb.) but won't take the abuse that the steel will. Am very pleased with it- works in most all situations although it can be very tough to negotiate on landings between stairs. Wish I'd owned it twenty years ago.
This discussion has been closed.