Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Heating System Replacement

Options
Ken_40
Ken_40 Member Posts: 1,320
The data they've collected suggests large water boilers have a life expectancy of 20 years, less for steam.

Factors such as care, water quality, life-cycles, fuel options and quality, quality of installation, load factors and weather are all involved. Your number seems reasonable.

I'd stick with it.

Comments

• Gene Reynolds
    Gene Reynolds Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Heating System Replacement

I work at a gas and electric utility in New York. I am doing some marketing research and I am trying to find out what percentage of residential customers in the Northeast will replace their heating system annually. A number that I have in my head is 5% but I can't seem to place the source. I would greatly appreciate any feedback (hopefully with a source)from any industry experts out there. I have made some inquiries and have not found an answer yet. If I get one I'll repost to this message. Thank you.
  • Big Ed
    Big Ed Member Posts: 1,117
    Options
    New Stuff

Seems to me from the trenches, the units made in late '60's and later has been lasting 20 years.. . Boilers last longer, furnace and AC systems around 20 years.. Also seems todays young adults are only looking for a 20 self life.While the WWII generation use to buy life time units. Now when they shop, they are not looking that far out anymore.... Which makes 5 percent seen right ... Even with boilers lasting longer .Alot more people are putting in AC and take in account new building
This discussion has been closed.