Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Lectro Truck for removing & installing boilers

Allan_3
Allan_3 Member Posts: 4
Does anyone have any input as to how good or bad or usefull these power handtrucks work. Are they as versatile as they say?

Comments

• David Sutton_6
    David Sutton_6 Member Posts: 1,079
    Hi Allan

The company i used to work for had them, the first one was very old but still worked, the second one i ordered about 2002 , i was a great lift and easy to operate, make sure you get the wheel chauks and the turf tires. e-mail me and i'll tell you what i paid for it.

David

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Ron Schroeder
    Ron Schroeder Member Posts: 998
    Allan

At times they are worth there weight in gold, make many jobs much easier, was on a job the other day and the youger guys were complaining about taking out a weil 468 with that truck and the boss just looked at me an said guess we need to get the old grain dolly out so these guys can appreciate what they have.
  • Tony_23
    Tony_23 Member Posts: 1,033
    Really

That's no crap. Amazing what people complain about when they don't have the proper perspective :)

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Al Letellier_9
    Al Letellier_9 Member Posts: 929
    electro trucks

Wouldn't be without mine....have had it for 12 years and although not used much anymore (found a young junk hauler with some gorillas that do the work now). Can usually handle a 3-4 section boiler alone up and down stairs and have moved many a gun safe with it. Great tool, heavy to say the least and reinforcement of stairs is a regular necessity, but nary a back problem with me. Some maintenance required and not an inexpensive expenditure, but well worth the investment. It will probably be the last tool I sell when I retire ( very soon I hope ). Had job where the boiler wouldn't go out of the door of the house so we took out a window, and using the ramp from the truck, hauled it up and out the window opening.....Yankee ingenuity at it's finest.....helps to have the right tool for the job.

• heatboy
    heatboy Member Posts: 1,468
    325 lbs. per C.I. section.......

and removed by one man and Electro Truck last week. First piece of equipment I purchased when I went into business and has paid for itself in labor savings and injury prevention over the years.

heatboy

The Radiant Whisperer

"The laws of physics will outweigh the laws of ecomomics every time."
  • Allan_3
    Allan_3 Member Posts: 4
    Appreciation

When I was in the Marine Corps we did a lot of ops using black rubber boats (Zodiacs) and we usually had dual 35 horse power motors. We would sometime complain about being dropped off so far out in the cold ocean. It was about that time that we were made to think of the old school recon that had nothing but their paddles and the Plt Sgt would get us dropped off a couple miles out and we would paddle our sorry asses back to shore. To bad we can't do that to civilian employees of this wonderful, brand new, off the shelf generation. Thanks for the input on the trucks. Any additional would be APPRECIATED! Allan
This discussion has been closed.