Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

System 2000 HX question

Options
GW
GW Member Posts: 4,692
Hello,

we have a lady with a system 2000. She's getting heat migration when the DHW comes on. My guess is it's a clogged HX. Does anyone have any thoughts? My tech was surprised to see that the zone valves need to hold back against dead heading, only leaving a tiny 1/2" line to the HX. Anyways, thanks for any comments.

Gary Wilson
Gary Wilson
Wilson Services, Inc
Northampton, MA
gary@wilsonph.com

Comments

• Robert O'Connor_3
    Robert O'Connor_3 Member Posts: 272
    Options
    System 2000 HX question

The circulator never dead heads. The HX is a bypass from supply to return so water is always moving. Things to determine: 1) Is there a problem with hot water recovery? 2) If there is more than one heating zone do all zones overheat? 3) Does the burner short cycle on the high limit aquastat while only making hot water?

A yes answer to #1 or 2 indicates that the boiler side of the HX has some blockage. If the HX is clean then the problem is more likely a zone valve problem, cracked ball, dirty seat, etc.
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,692
    Options

hot water recovery is fine, no problem there. two of the four zones hold back the flow, two don't. I'm not familiar with z-v weeping by like this, is it a zv prob you think?

gary
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
This discussion has been closed.