Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

heat loss calc

Options
Haven't used that particular worksheet, but it should be reasonable if not as easy and in-depth as a good computer program.

Loss through the ceiling when there is heated space above is ZERO so don't even consider. Same as a floor when there is heated space below.

Comments

• david_22
    david_22 Member Posts: 5
    Options
    heat loss calc

since I can't find a contractor who seems willing to do a heat loss calc I thought I try myself. I've got the I=B=R calc sheet 1502 off the slantfin website. I'm curious to hear from those more knowledgable then myself whether this will do a good job of estimating boiler size for my home. Also could someone tell me whether the section to calculate ceiling loss is relevant for the first story of a two story house? It would seem to me that the heat rising through the first floor ceiling is still contained in the house (second floor).

Thanks in advance
    scott
  • jeff_51
    jeff_51 Member Posts: 545
    Options
    +slant fin will send you free

a heat loss calculator on disc. It only takes about a week. Click on the link at the bottom left for heat loss calculations
  • vhlaundry
    vhlaundry Member Posts: 41
    Options
    Still waiting for mine

• S Ebels
    S Ebels Member Posts: 2,322
    Options

Back in the day..........I haven't used that in a long time. Computer based load calcs are so much less time consuming.

That being said, when I did use that method it seemed to be accurate. IE; I never ran into trouble with undersizing or grossly oversizing equipment. The caveat as with all heatloss/gain methods is that they are only as accurate as the input figures you provide.
  • Ted_9
    Ted_9 Member Posts: 1,718
    Options
    Slant Fin

they also offered it on the web site as a download I think?

PATRIOT HEATING & COOLING, INC.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.