Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

taco mixing block

Options
Ted_9
Ted_9 Member Posts: 1,718
I've used it a couple of time and I like it. Very easy to install and minimal work to install.

PATRIOT HEATING & COOLING, INC.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=343&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• macho man
    macho man Member Posts: 2
    Options
    taco radiant mixing block

What are the opinions on the taco radiant mixing block i am thinking of using one on my next radiant job is it a decent product easy to install, any info would help
  • shawn_5
    shawn_5 Member Posts: 52
    Options

CHECK OUT THE BUDERUS MIXING BLOCKS.
  • macho man
    macho man Member Posts: 2
    Options
    mixing blocks

they are a great product and i use them all the time i think they are very inovative
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,922
    Options
    I would like to try one....

I'm sure, like other Taco products it is well-built and will perform well. Mad Dog

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Joe Mattiello
    Joe Mattiello Member Posts: 705
    Options
    Radiant made easy with the RMB-1

The RMB-1 has been very successful because it gives you all the components required for your radiant project. The RMB is very versatile, and can be set up as an outdoor reset, setpoint, or straight delta T limiting control. For your reference I have the attached the instruction sheet.

Taco, Inc.
    Joe Mattiello
    Technical Service Technician
    joemat@taco-hvac.com
    401-942-8000 X 484
    www.taco-hvac.com
    Joe Mattiello
    N. E. Regional Manger, Commercial Products
    Taco Comfort Solutions
  • Jed_2
    Jed_2 Member Posts: 781
    Options
    Joe

How could the RMB-1 effectively interface with the tN4 network? When will it be tN4 compatable?

Jed
  • leo g_13
    leo g_13 Member Posts: 435
    Options
    I like it, but

one thing that I was not aware of, is that can only be set to run as high as 150*. Which of course is just fine for radiant, but if you are doing staple up be aware of this. I also think that Taco needs to put a couple of wire access holes on the sides, as this would, in my opinion, make it much easier to wire.

It does definitaly speed up your install time, and seems to be very well built. Nicely laid out too!

If you want to prioritize the DHW, be ready to be a bit inventive with some kind of timed relay, or just size the boiler to be able to handle both loads.

I would give it a 7.5 out of 10!

Leo G

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • hydronicsmike
    hydronicsmike Member Posts: 855
    Options
    it will not...

...immediately interface with tN4. It could be used together where you still get all the features and functions of the tN4 stats (IE: Sharing of temperatures, scheduling, zone synchronisation, Cooling Groups aso.), except for Indoor Temperature Feedback and the RMB would still be considered a stand alone product.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mike
  • Ted_9
    Ted_9 Member Posts: 1,718
    Options

Are you sure about that temp limit? I though it went to 180 or at least 160-165 degrees? EDIT: yes page 15 of the manual Joe linked says it's max temp is 180. The 150 is just what they show on there chart.

As far as domestic water, I use an SR control for my primary circ so I use the priority on the SR.

PATRIOT HEATING & COOLING, INC.

• leo g_13
    Options
    Thanx Ted,

I have an application, where we wanted to get the mix temp up to about 160-170. The controll would only show a target of 150 max, and the actual temp would not go over 155. I will download the manual that Joe linked, maybe the manual I had is out of date.

What is an SR control?

Leo G

• leo g_13
    Options
    AARRGGHHH! Sorry Taco!

Sometimes, when you actually have time to understand what you're reading, things become clear! I was trying to adjust the min temp! That is why I couldn't get the heated water beyond 150*!!!!

"Nevermind!" (in my best Lily Tomlin voice)

Red-faced Leo G.

This discussion has been closed.