Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

multiple temperatures

Options
jhansen
jhansen Member Posts: 59
i am installing a w/m ultra boiler which serves an indirect fired water heater, a high temperature baseboard zone and various radiant running at 115 degrees. any suggestions on the best way to get my mixing done. I am utilizing primary secondary.

thanks jh

Comments

• hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    How much do you want to spend?

> i am installing a w/m ultra boiler which serves

> an indirect fired water heater, a high

> temperature baseboard zone and various radiant

> running at 115 degrees. any suggestions on the

> best way to get my mixing done. I am utilizing

> primary secondary.

>

> thanks jh

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • hr
    Options

> i am installing a w/m ultra boiler which serves

> an indirect fired water heater, a high

> temperature baseboard zone and various radiant

> running at 115 degrees. any suggestions on the

> best way to get my mixing done. I am utilizing

> primary secondary.

>

> thanks jh

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • hr
    Options

A simple method would be to use the outdoor reset feature for the high temperature and install a manual 3 way mix valve that tracks along with the reset curve, for the radiant temperatures.

That boiler has a DHW priority, built into the board, to handle DHW. Pipe it (the DHW circ) as a seperate loop off the additional tappings. Be sure to use flow checks, or check flanges on both circs. I think the installation manual shows some piping options for what you are trying to do.

The on board control may run two temperatures? I have not gotten into tha control that deep?

Design your high temperature loop to meet the load with the lowest possible temperature. It may be possible to beef up the baseboard lengths or higher output board to run lower temperatures at design day. The lower the operating temperature the more efficient a condensing boiler operates. Any way to design the high temperature loop emitters at around a 140°F supply :)?

That's an expensive boiler to run a 180° system, if that is what is really needed.

hot rod
This discussion has been closed.