Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.


Keith_8 Member Posts: 399
I thought it was a term of endearment. Never bothered me to be called a plumber or fitter. We are who we are.



  • keith
    keith Member Posts: 224
    It may be taboo on a wet site but

    do any of you guy's know of a competant tin knocker for a light commercial project in Carlstadt NJ?

  • tommyoil
    tommyoil Member Posts: 613

    Paterson sheet metal. I believe its on Wabash Ave in sunny Paterson. Or, call Nutley H&C Supply on Chestnut St in Nutley. They should have a few names to give you. If no luck there, call Passaic metal (aka Pampco)on Central Ave in Passaic. Thats their business, so they will definately be able to steer you in the right direction. Good luck.
  • bob young
    bob young Member Posts: 2,177

    what ever ya do, don't call him a tinknocker. he will charge you double. it's sheetmetal mechanic. lol
  • Keith_8
    Keith_8 Member Posts: 399
    Thanks Tommy

  • Robert O'Connor_7
    Robert O'Connor_7 Member Posts: 688

    Try Air-O-Smith in Randolph, I've inspected quite a few of their jobs and speaking from someone that sees ALOT of this kind of work they are right up there with best of the best in business.

    Robert O'Connor/NJ
  • Keith_8
    Keith_8 Member Posts: 399
    Thanks Robert

This discussion has been closed.