Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Power Mate hand Truck?

Options
Empire_2
Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
Worth every penny!!!!! Back saver.

Mike T.

Comments

• GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,693
    Options
    Power Mate hand Truck?

Anyone using Power Mate hand Truck? I have an Escalara, but the Power Mate seems to have some advantages. I'm a little quezzy about the cost, can anyone comment?

Gary

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • I used one today

Brought in a V84 , and out with a pretty heavy Federal . The actual work it does on the stairs is awesome . You do need someone at the bottom to balance the load if it's real heavy .

The downside is the width of the plate and the strap bar , and the lack of hand holds . Forget about using it in tight turns , and you'll need to weld some steel to get a good grip anywhere on the handtruck .

I absolutely love the Escalera for pulling old boilers out . But going down the stairs with a heavy load scares the bejeezus out of me with it .
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
    Options
    power mate

I used one in a mansion here and worked quite well moving large radiators to the 3rd floor and old ones out. I agree with Ron, there is poor hand holds on it and it does need 2 people, the person on the bottom also needs to watch that the wheels are clearing the next step nose or it may break the nose off when it pulls up. Very sturdy although. Would also like to see it narrower. Good luck, Tim.
  • Scott Kneeland
    Scott Kneeland Member Posts: 158
    Options

I have a Escalera and wouldn't trade it. It is also lite enough to use a a regular hand truck. I've had mine 4 years. Its time to start working smart, save your back.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.