Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

P. Ole Fanger

Options
GMcD
GMcD Member Posts: 477
I have a number of his papers and technical articles stashed away in my binders of "good stuff". I'll celebrate his life by trying harder to further my, and others understandings of human comfort and low energy/low exergy/minergy building systems. Thanks Ole.

Comments

• Tim Doran
    Tim Doran Member Posts: 208
    Options
    Loss of a legend

My friend Dr. P. Ole Fanger died recently. Ole was a great man that contributed so much to our industry and to the scores of students that attended the Danish Institue of Technology where he was a professor. His work help to establish the institutes place as one of the world leading research facilities. He was best known for his work in the area of human thermal conmfort and is considered to be the father of ASHRAE Standard-55 which is the ASHRAE guideline for human thermal comfort. Ole was the recipient of virtually every award and accolade that ASHRAE can bestow. He was also granted the Danish equivalant of knight hood for his contributions to humanity.

Ole was a soft spoken man that possesed a great kindness, a true gentleman. He will be missed by many. I believe that the best way to honor this great man is to learn more about his work and about ASHRAE Standard-55 and to incorporate these very important concepts into our everyday design and engineering practices.

Tim D.
  • rb_6
    rb_6 Member Posts: 222
    Options
    Here's a short list of his achievments

Career Achievements

Click here for Globe & Mail Story

The man set an unbelievable benchmark.

En Skaal to the Professor.

So long Ole.
This discussion has been closed.