Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Things are NOT always what the appear

Options
Pinball
Pinball Member Posts: 249
Hey Alan,
dinner sounds great to me. Give a call when your free. you know the #.

How's everything @ the worderful world of Motzkinland?
and your right... There's a reason for EVERYTHING and there's no such thing as an accident...everything is a preventable circumstance.

Al

Comments

• Pinball
    Pinball Member Posts: 249
    Options
    Things are NOT always what they appear (off topic)

Driving home today, I got behind a driver that appeared to be drunk. weaving all over the road, slowing to 20mph then speeding up to 60. On a hunch, I jotted down the plate #.
    After a few miles of this, I decided to call the state police, and report it. While I was on the phone, the car went completly into the on coming lane and if it was'nt for an alert driver, almost had a head-on crash.The dispatcher asked me to turn on my flashers so he would know which car was the problem. when I did the "drunk" pulled over for me! the cop was not far away and the dispatcher took all my info.including my # and where I was heading. (the local diner for coffee)

About an hour later, the cop comes into the diner and thanked me for making the call.
    You see, the lady was not Drunk at all. she was diabetic, and had run out of insulin and was almost unconscious! She was on her way to the drug store to get some. Instead she ended up in the E.R. at least she was alive!
    Ya never know!
    Al
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    Glad you are on the ball, pin

thanks for taking matters into your own hands :)

hot rod

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Alan R. Mercurio_3
    Alan R. Mercurio_3 Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

And you and I know it was know accident that you were there at that exact moment. Thanks for being you.

Let’s get some dinner (on me) soon I’m thinking Italian and you know where :-)

Your friend in the industry,
    Alan R. Mercurio

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Larry (from OSHA)
    Larry (from OSHA) Member Posts: 717
    Options
    I saw the same thing

we were on an airplane and the couple across the aisle looked really strange. I can't even describe it. She was way out of it. A while later, we learned that she was diabetic too. You never know.

Larry
  • Christian Egli_2
    Christian Egli_2 Member Posts: 812
    Options
    Heroes rarely appear as they seem

Too often we look at the State Troopers with the same itch we have for the principal's office. It's not fair, the treatment we get from them, when not on the deserving end of whatever just punishment, can be quite pleasant.

They are there to protect the safety of everyone, after all, and that is some important customer service. Thanks to you Pinball, this traffic situation didn't end in a nightmare.

Families should have a plan and should at least think of these applicable eventualities. We talk about everything else, living wills, funerals, etc... why not car driving? Planning to stop driving is not as bad as having the license taken away from us... in a coffin.

I just have theories for everything, sorry about that. Thanks again for being a responsible citizen.

In my newspaper, there was a story this morning about how three crooks stealing copper got caught by everyday heroes just walking by. They saw the action and called the police and the system worked.
  • Alan R. Mercurio_3
    Alan R. Mercurio_3 Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

As you can imagine I'm being kept very busy in Motzkinland :) And both Barry and Dave are treating me well :)

I'm in PA on business (The Oilheat Retreat) for the rest of the week and weekend. Then I'll be in Catskill all next week. I'm sure we'll catch up with each other soon and I'm looking forward to it. Oh, And just wait till you see the little oil heat museum I’m putting together at the house

Your friend in the industry,
    Alan R. Mercurio

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.