Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Two Pressuretrols

Options
Thanks Big Ed for your comments.
It makes good sense to have a manual reset for a time when somthing goes wrong. What control would you recommend?
In the meantime I've got that pair of 404A's and the weather forecast is for freezing tonight. So, a)the second or safety control should make at 8 and break at 10? Or, b)are you refering to a break "range" at 8-10 which would require a much lower "make"? What would that "make" be? How do the two controls "make" settings relate to each other? Thanks.

Comments

• Stuart_7
    Stuart_7 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Two Pressuretrols

Friends, I need some help:
    I've a domestic steam boiler with two pressuretrols (Honeywell PA404A). I've set the operating one to cut in at 0.5 and out at 2.0. What do I set the high limit control to make and break at?

Thanks
  • Big Ed
    Big Ed Member Posts: 1,117
    Options
    Manual Reset

The second should be a manual reset type .It would have a button sticking out.The manual reset is a safety that if somthing happens to the first pressuretrol and steam pressure builds up.It will trip the reset on the second.... I would set the second at 8-10#...Way before the pop safey ...
  • Big Ed_3
    Big Ed_3 Member Posts: 170
    Options
    Settings

You should have cut in and Diff... Cut in would be .5 and cut out is the cut in plus the diff.... So .5+1.5diff = 2# cut out... You really only need ounces, the 404 is out of need range . Make sure the control will work before you walk away..

The manual reset pressure control (sorry always bad with model numbers)would only have a cut out setting. Should have its own system tapping and pigtail,separate from the operating pressuretrol...
This discussion has been closed.