Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

system 2000

Options
Eric_25
Eric_25 Member Posts: 79
away from the system 2000.
We have never installed one but have serviced a bunch until we refused to service any.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=397&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options

I'm looking to see if anyone can give me there thoughts on the efficiency ratings between a system 2000 and a buderus g115 with the logomatic control. I have looked into both and have mixed feelings on them.
  • mark_56
    mark_56 Member Posts: 22
    Options

I can tell you that I like the Buderus better because of the quality of the boiler, having serviced both. Have you considered Viessmann?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options

i have not thought about viessman not to many in my area that service them. I was looking to see which one people thought was mor energy efficent
  • chapchap70_2
    chapchap70_2 Member Posts: 147
    Options
    ratings vs real efficiency

If the AFUE ratings actually indicated the amount of fuel a properly sized and installed boiler would need to heat a particular living space, we could slap in a boiler from about ten manufacturers and the heating bill would be within 3%.

A boiler is most efficient when it is running all the time. That only happens when the outside temperature is the same or lower than the temperature it was designed for in a particular space. If a design temperature is 0 degrees for example in a house and new siding with better insulated windows are installed, the design temperature could change to -10 degrees. If there is an addition, the design temperature could increase. Most boilers are oversized every day of the year and just about all the others are oversized 99% of the year. To figure out which boiler would use the least amount of fuel to heat a house, one needs to know how well it operates on the days when it is oversized and not running all the time.

Most heat that is not used to heat the living space is lost out of the smoke pipe and up the chimney or vent. To limit off cycle losses, (heat lost when the burner and/or circulators are not operating to satisfy a call for heat or hot water) Buderus (and others) use an outdoor reset control to lower the boiler water temperature as the temperature outside increases. This decreases the amount of times the burner has to run simply to maintain the boiler water temperature. System 2000 uses a pre and post purge control so the boiler never runs to maintain boiler water temperature. The boiler heats up to a specific temperature every time but that heat is purged to the last zone called whether it be a heating zone or the hot water tank so very little off cycle losses occur.

In reality, the AFUE ratings do not take factors into account that determine which boilers are the most energy efficient. For example, take two boilers, one with 1/2" of insulation wrapped around it and one with 3" of insulation around it. If all other factors were equal, the boiler with 1/2" of insulation would have a slightly HIGHER AFUE because a basement is considered living space the same as a living room. If heat is lost into a basement because the boiler is not well insulated, the stack temperature decreases. Since there is a standard number factored in for off cycle losses regardless of how a boiler operates, there is a penalty for insulating a boiler well. Both Buderus and System 2000 go beyond AFUE ratings and try to deal in reality.

• Allan_3
    Allan_3 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    System 2000

Mike, I really like the System 2000 and have been putting them in for years. We've serviced ones we did and did not put in. They don't get sooty and are very easy to clean if you get the frontier model. I've been to the factory and spoke to the inventer and staff. I really like the boiler and I've dropped peoples oil bills by over 50% already. I know many oil dealers that are complaining about how much oil it saves. It's low mass technology keeps you from having to warm up large volumes of water that other boilers hold, and you don't need to heat up large amounts of dense cast iron. We've had no more trouble with the System 2000 than any other boiler. I also have one in my home and I'm very happy! I wouldn't say it's the only boiler to go with, as every situation dictates, but I certainly wouldn't say run away from the System 2000 as the previous gentlemen stated. I would say he is being a bit to absolute and may have a biased opinion on the matter. I wish you luck in making your choice. Good Luck. Allan
  • dana_3
    dana_3 Member Posts: 57
    Options
    BUDERUS VS SYSTEM 2000

both are very good having installed many of each. i have a buderus in my home (G115/28).it runs very well. the only problem is it's noisy. because of the reillo burners pump pressure(195PSI).you can here it outside. the system 2000 is much quieter. because of the burner, and the sound box that goes over the burner.the system 2000 can and will run side by side with the best of them.choose the syst.2000 you won,t be dissapointed. :) Dana p.
  • Charlie from wmass
    Charlie from wmass Member Posts: 4,322
    Options

After a couple of decades installing heating systems I say go with the Budrerus as they have the easiest parts to find for the repairs that will be part of any system. The system 200 boilers have an exclusive arraingement with the contractors so is you are not part of the group it is difficult to obtain parts,at least in my area. Ironically the Burderus has more readily availible parts and many are American made. Good luck and as stated run from the 2000. It maybe we just had a lousey installer out here but they have a very bad reputation in my area of Massachusetts.
    Cost is what you spend , value is what you get.

cell # 413-841-6726
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/charles-garrity-plumbing-and-heating
  • Rich P_3
    Rich P_3 Member Posts: 34
    Options
    System 2000

I am a installer/serviceman of the system 2000
    I have over 20 years in the oil business
    The EK is the quietest oil boiler i have seen.
    50% oil savings can be actually achieved.
    Good luck,
    Rich P.
  • chapchap70_2
    chapchap70_2 Member Posts: 147
    Options

"Eric G
    Subject: Run as fast as you can

away from the system 2000. We have never installed one but have serviced a bunch until we refused to service any."

Here is another person who calls something junk before bothering to understand how it is supposed to work.

Eric G,

If you care to debunk my statement, please kindly state how the System 2000 is supposed to work, the problems YOU (not things you heard about) encountered with this boiler, what YOU did to remedy the problems, and why the problems still persisted. I am in the mood for a good laugh.
  • steve_29
    steve_29 Member Posts: 185
    Options

> I am a installer/serviceman of the system

> 2000 I have over 20 years in the oil

> business The EK is the quietest oil boiler i

> have seen. 50% oil savings can be actually

> achieved. Good luck, Rich P.

Here's a tidbit after 20 years EK 2000 still has 25% of the warrenty left... it always has 25% left!!

Who else does that?

Made in USA

Most conplainers of System 2000 are those that don't know anything about them...
  • jim_57
    jim_57 Member Posts: 41
    Options
    System 2000

only has 2 components that are specific to the system, the manager and digital temp sensor. Everything else on the system can be replaced with standard components. If the sensor fails the manager automatically goes to dumb boiler mode so heat and hot water are not lost. If the manager fails it can temporarily be replaced with an inexpensive service board which turns it into a dumb boiler.

Any oil company, HVAC contractor, service company, in short any qualified heating entity can buy parts directly from EK by calling them on the phone. Tech Manuals and live tech help is also available.
This discussion has been closed.