Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Wallies in the desert

Options
Bob Sweet
Bob Sweet Member Posts: 540
many thoughts and prayers for you and the many others standing with you, AS well as your family. Thank you!!

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=443&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Darin Cook_6
    Darin Cook_6 Member Posts: 41
    Options
    Here safe and sound !!

I just wanted to let everyone know that myself and SSgt Joe Landree are in Iraq and working hard. We are living in and maintaining a tent city (and many other areas). It is very hot here around 110' or so during the day. We will start working on a radiant tent when it starts to get cold out. The desert is very hard on the equipment here. Preventative maintenance is absolutely critical. I am getting a fast education in the world of a/c. No boilers here. Since we generate our own power it has some wild voltage swings and is hard on the electronics. I will try and post some pics soon of our daily life here. It is very desolate place. It gives you a real love for home and how good we all really have it.

God Bless America,
    TSGT Darin Cook
    Air Expeditionary Forces, Iraq

P.S. Say a prayer for all the servicemen here. It would be greatly appreciated.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,544
    Options
    Prayers

every day. Good to hear from you, Darin.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,404
    Options
    Glad you are safe

How many days left? If you guys need anything let me know. What's for dinner over there? You are in my thoughts and prayers...

Rick
    The artist formerly known as Supply House Rick
  • David Sutton_6
    David Sutton_6 Member Posts: 1,079
    Options
    You got it Darin!!

You got lots of folks here keeping you in there prayers and i have to tell you, you have a great son there Anthony seems like a fine young man, and he loves you !!!Keeps us up todate. if there is anything you need let me know and i will mail it to you Maybe a box of candy huh ?? sent me your address if you need something...David

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Options
    Darin,

Without a doubt ! Thanks for keeping us all posted and thank everyone over there for us.

Stay in touch brother. The well wishers here wait to hear from you. Chris
  • Christian Egli_2
    Christian Egli_2 Member Posts: 812
    Options
    Count on prayers and support

There's got to be many nicer places to be jet lagged in than a desolate desert. Prayers are the least we can do.

Is Justin Gavin anywhere near you?

Thanks for the news and thanks for all of your amazing accomplishments.

• Brad White_118
    Brad White_118 Member Posts: 27
    Options
    Darin

Thanks for checking in and the update! Ever grateful for your service- let us know what you need and where to send it.

Our thoughts and prayers are always "on"...

Brad
  • jackchips_2
    jackchips_2 Member Posts: 1,338
    Options
    All the best

to you, Joe and all America's best.

Prayers to all for a safe tour.

Jack
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,097
    Options
    Glad you are settling in and can't wait

for that return party and fishing trip we;re goin on with Mark and Anthony. Praying for you boys several times a day. Mad Dog

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Anthony Praga
    Anthony Praga Member Posts: 74
    Options
    DAD

Dad its great to finally hear from you we love and miss you and me and mark are counting the days untill you come home and i am thinkning of you with everything i do and i know that you will be fine and if you need anything just come to someoen on here they are all very great people and there all pray about you and everyone with you and it makes me feel better now that i know whats going on over there

love you dad (your my hero)

-Anthony
  • frank_25
    frank_25 Member Posts: 202
    Options
    Darin

Stand tall, but keep a low profile. That letter from your son [choaked ] me. MY prayers for you and all the service-men/women is to get home to your families safely. God's speed comrad.
  • Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
    Options
    My bud

Curahee!

Stay safe.

Anthony and I have things under control here. Worry not.

We'll be here when you come home.

My friend that "stayeth closer than a brother".

Mark

• hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    Sounds like

an excellent location to experiment with solar powered radiant cooling technology. Stay safe.

hot rod

• Darin Cook_6
    Darin Cook_6 Member Posts: 41
    Options
    Thanks Everybody!

It is nice to have all the support and prayers. That means so much over here.
    We had our first major work problem. The power plants went down Saturday due to the Italian army digging where they shouldn't be and they blew out the power mains into tent city. Three phase units geting fed single phase is not good on the ECU's to say the least. 24 hrs later we had everthing running. The nice part was each member of my shop recieved a special 407 AEG Iraq coin from the Wing Commander. Not very many troops are awarded that coin. A real honor.

Anyways we are settling into life here in Iraq. We have to wear body armor alot due to some dangerous things going on. But all in all life is pretty simple here, work and work out. We really do not need much here. But some cards during the holidays would be nice.

I will say one thing, the dining hall run by IBR (Haliburton) is great. There are so many selections and quantity, you could leave here a real pork chop. But mandatory PT and the heat(we drink lots of water) will help keep everyones belt size from increasing.

I will post some pictures soon of this "lovely" place.

Thanks for the praise of my boy. He has a really good heart. I miss him and my daughter greatly.

TSGT Darin Cook
    Air Expeditionary Forces, Iraq
  • Anthony Praga
    Anthony Praga Member Posts: 74
    Options
    cool

it sounds like you going to have a blast over there in that "lovely" place. its good to hear that everything is going ok and that you got a coin and we will be sending letters during the holidays everyone has you and the people in your unit covered

bye love you dad
    - Ant
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    Darin

Hope oyu get this as I was away for the weekend and did'nt read this untill Monday.

Glad you arrived safly and have already been a help. Keep your head down and glad to here about the body armor.

I'll echo everyone else remarks. I think we have a new Wallie in Anthony. He's a good kid and you should be very proud.

Looking forward to seeing you soon. Just like everyone else, let us know if we can send anything over.

Scott

This discussion has been closed.