Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Oxy barrier pex for panel radiators?

Options
ALH_4
ALH_4 Member Posts: 1,790
I have seen a lot of pex run at 180F, and have seen no failures. The only temperature failure of pex I have seen was connected to the supply side of a solar panel, and that had even lasted quite a while. That was likely due to a VERY high temperature as well as a higher pressure than a typical hydronic heating system.

-Andrew

Comments

• newby
    newby Member Posts: 3
    Options
    oxy barrier pex for panel radiators?

I'm a homeowner putting in panel radiators in my basement. Converting over from a 50 year old forced air furnace. Some friends said it's ok to use oxy barrier pex for the radiators. I see it's supposed to be good up to 200F, but I saw on some websites they recommend to limit it to 140F for durability and safety. I'm leaning toward copper. Planning on a Munchkin T50M. I have tried to size the rad's for a 140F max temp, but, hey, would like to have the option to go higher if needed. ....Thoughts?
  • kevin coppinger_4
    kevin coppinger_4 Member Posts: 2,124
    Options
    gee...I have

panl rads in my house And I used Wirsbo HePex to run them...it has been running for 3 years...kpc

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • newby
    newby Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks

for the help. Seems like an OK deal, and I know it'll be a heckofa lot easier than sweat soldering.
This discussion has been closed.