Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

munchkin m50 install

Options
Mark_46
Mark_46 Member Posts: 312
Beautiful. I wish you installed my Munchy. Oh well.

Comments

• clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,113
    Options
    Munchkint50 install /buderus tank

this was a 2 dayer ,relocated all the mechcanical,gas ,water loops ,split the one zone into 2 and ran 2 new stat wires.The munchkin has a vision one kit and we are using the outdoor reset .We did this for a general contractors family .
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
  • Ray Landry
    Ray Landry Member Posts: 203
    Options

Clammy great work as always man, I love the look of the black pipe! You are a true craftsman! Only 2 days and all that relocation work? that's impressive!
  • Clammy

That is an awesome install , buddy . And it only took 2 days ? How many partners did you have ? What was in there before ? That's record time for alot of beautiful work .

• clammy
    Options
    the deal

The original boiler was a 10 year old peerless and a hot water heater that was just about to explode .For the most part it was me and charlie the partner (no body is a helper with the clam all equal and nobody is special )Charlie did the water and gas and help with a quick 3 zone supply and return piping to the new manifold for about 15 ft away in about 1 hour we timed it cause i told him it was a nothing wush wush and to his surprise it was ,i work very strange no lunch no stopping just stupid idiot talk about stuff to make every body not stress out and when they do i whisper in there ears that i love you and you are specical to me pretty funny thanks for the kind words but tghis is all i know peace and good luck clammy
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    Options
    Very nice Clammy

2 days is impressive even with good help. Is that a bucket of marble chips to nuetralize acid on the drain side? I recently made a large P trap on the drain from a mod con, with unions and a cap so I could fill it with marble chips and renew it once a year. Just being careful. There's no codes around here stopping you from draining straight into any drain. Very strange cuz they are very anal about other stupid stuff. Go figure. WW

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Ken_40
    Ken_40 Member Posts: 1,320
    Options
    NICE...

JOB!

Just curious; why the euro indirect?
  • terry_5
    terry_5 Member Posts: 92
    Options

Why didn't you use a buderus boiler for heat?
  • Jim\"Rocky\"Kelleher
    Options
    Well Done

As usual nice work Clammy, I just ordered my first Hydronex Panel my hope is that it will free us up for more installs. Have you ever tried pre fab panels?
  • David Sutton_6
    David Sutton_6 Member Posts: 1,079
    Options
    Eye candy

Clammy that a great lookin job !!the blk pipe sure make the job!!....David

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • clammy
    Options
    buderus tank

I use buderus tanks because they recovery is excellent and they are besides viessmann the only tank which has a removable clean out with a reuseable gasket on the top to manually clean in areas of hihg mineral content water plus all the connection are on the rear leaving way for a great neat appearance ,i can not stand htp superstore the connection are at screwed up angles and after squaring it up it just ends up being to much work for me to make it look good and neat and no clean out sorry htp but i love those munchkin there saver of my wreached back and a fuel saver on all shoulder months ,plus the difference of cost over a ci boiler say buderus is much less then the usual chimmey liner and then no combustion air issues .As for why not a buderus ,well i love buderus ci boiler there oil units are the only oil fired boiler i will install other wise i'm not interested ,why not a gb well we don't talk price here but if these job where priced with a gb you would not see my magic for i would not get the job even though i would love to install and use the buderus gb124 there price tag pushes the job totals over most budgets but i'm keeping my ears open for the first HO to want one as long as they realize that the better quality boiler you buy the more it costs but they know that there already driving a benz .Again i would like to thank our host Mr.Dan H for the information and knoweledge that he has put out there to help us make more money and make our custermers happy and comfortable and for offering this site to us all and to all you guys who work inspires to keep quality up when all around me i hear JUST SLAM IT IN and WHERE TAKEN TO LONG it's you guys work and outrageous jobs that drive me to do the best i can with in reason Thanks again for all of your kind words they do mean something to me personally as always Peace and Good luck Clammy
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
  • Bob Sweet
    Bob Sweet Member Posts: 540
    Options
    Clammy

that's beautiful work, love the black iron, simply beautiful!

• Ted_9
    Ted_9 Member Posts: 1,718
    Options
    job

Nice work.

If indeed that is a bucket of marble chips, where do you get it? I cannot find a place to get marble chips.

• Ron Schroeder
    Ron Schroeder Member Posts: 998
    Options
    Ted

Try you local big box store or hardware store or gardening center
This discussion has been closed.