Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Outside the norm

Kevin_43
Kevin_43 Member Posts: 1
I'm on a new chiller start up for Carrier and during the start up processes I've discovered a McAlaer water feed make up system still in use,and the ball float seems to be(maybe) filled with water or stuck causing the vent pipe to over flow. Custumer dosen't want to spend money to close the system but would like the float repaired. Wher can I get parts. McAlaer Mfg Chicago

Comments

• John White
    John White Member Posts: 120
    Outside the norm

Well guys, If you don't mind, I just want to go somewhere I have not gone before.
    Today was a HUGE day for the White family. We took my oldest son, John, to college. You know, it was only 40 miles away. And I thought, Johnny, this is no big deal.
    Guess what.......
    And now I'm sitting here, remembering lots.
    And that's the good news.
    Life takes a really normal course, but, I don't think it makes any thing easier to be normal.
    Love is love, and I love that guy totally. And now he's gonna be his own person.(Actually, he already was, but I wouldn't tell my wife that!!!!) At home, he was always my anchor to windward, so to speak, and now he's gone.
    And I'm sad. But really excited for him. You should have seen him dive in to this thing today.
    His worry....that I was ok at Taco with him gone.
    Wow. He loves that company, and all the people in it, and all the people that use our products. It's a great thing. And a real thing.
    And I have to tell you this...
    On Tuesday night, I took him to dinner at The Capitol Grille in Providence. Who did we have the pleasure of running in to but Dan and the beautiful Maryanne(sp?).
    What a real and generous couple. We all are fortunate to have such a guy in this industry, and as a friend.
    Anyway, I just have some thoughts and emotions now, and I'm sorry to ramble. Sometimes, you just go to those you feel comfortable with.
    Hope everyone has a great weekend.
    Johnny
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    John,

Relish the thoughts you have of "the boy" and...look forward to "The Man"

This is So bad...but, I'm thinking like MY DAD at this point....He's now free to make his own decisions, good or bad. You'll learn the outcome...and be able to give him the guidance that will be needed when(as always...notice I didn't say IF!)the time arrises.

Feel confident that you have implied the apparent mores that you posses, on to your son. I'm sure he'll do a great job and make you proud

J.J. will make you proud,IF he knows what's good for him !

Just another hurtle on the track called life. You'll be fine ! Chris
  • Jeff Lawrence_24
    Jeff Lawrence_24 Member Posts: 593
    Johnny

John, my son, started College last Monday.

We got word Friday that he got approved for his Boy Scout Eagle.

He's still here and living at home, but it's real differnt now. He's more of a man than I thought he would be.

It's a big change for us as Dads, but it's a bigger change for them. All I can say is to love them and be as supportive as you can.

I never thought my son would grow up.

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
    Thanks to both of you

for allowing us to be a small part of a wonderful moment. Great times in store for you, Johnny. Thanks for sharing your feelings with us.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Maine Ken
    Maine Ken Member Posts: 531

My oldest starts kindergarten in a few days. I am not sure that I am ready for it. She certainly is ready. I know how I feel about losing her to kindergarten, I can only imagine the emotions you are going through. Congratulations on raising such a fine sounding young man!

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Steve Ebels_3
    Steve Ebels_3 Member Posts: 1,291
    Johnny

The fact that you're able to write down some coherent thoughts regarding the event tells me you'll probably survive :) When we dropped Susan off to an in state school on a Tuesday and then drove to Iowa to drop off her twin sister Sally on Thursday...... I couldn't even begin to verbalize what I was feeling. Kath and I didn't speak,......couldn't speak without bawling til we were half way back through Illinois. But.......my stars......that was eleven years ago. They both came back and settled down within 3 miles of "home". The girls and the 5 grandkids just left about an hour ago after making about 5 dozen blackberry muffins with their mom. The house looks like Katrina just blew through it. Life is good! Enjoy and savor each moment because they are all precious.

PS This type of post is completely within the norm here on the Wall.
  • Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,273
    Johnny...

... The Wall is an amazing community that consistantly gives much more than it takes. When my wife had a stroke nearly three years ago (she was in a coma for a month) the outpouring of well-wishes, prayers and general helpfulness was simply amazing. It gave me strength to persevere. You've jumped in now and I'm sure it was a good decision! I'm also sure your son knows how important a well rounded education will be in helping him to do well.

Yours, Larry
This discussion has been closed.