Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

OKay, Last Question

Options
Tony G
Tony G Member Posts: 21
That appears to be happening now with the electric water heater being used as a storage tank. The only other option would be to abandon the idea of an aquaboost and plumb in an indirect using the priorty of the SR503. Correct?

Comments

• Tony G
    Options
    Wiring

Last question about Aquaboost. I am going to replace my DHW storage tank, was electric WH, with a Super Store tank using the exsisting coils of my tankless.

Question, can I wire storage tank to a Taco SR503 priority? Will the wiring diagram show me how to perfrom this?
  • Big Ed
    Big Ed Member Posts: 1,117
    Options
    Slow

If the SR503 has a timed priority drop-out( I don't think so) I would .If not put it on normal. My concern is since a aquabooster is the slowest to recover in the hot water heater family ,the heat will be down too long and effect the comfort...
  • Big Ed
    Options
    Recovery

Yes if your looking for faster recovery a indirect on priorty is a better choice...

P.S. I still perfer a timed drop out just incase of a malfuntion..
  • Tony G
    Options
    Ed

Thanks. I think I'm going to look at the indirect. Will have to shop around for best price and unit. Can I use a Taco 007 for a circulator? Or will this be too big?
  • Big Ed
    Options
    May, May not

They will tell you in the instructions ....I had one manufactuer want a 0011 .
  • clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,111
    Options
    be kind to yourself

Be kind to your self and get rid of the storage tank,aqua boost pump and the tankless and do yourself some thing nice like a nice indirect tank for your domestic hot water needs if installed correctly you will have more then enough hot water and you will save some money by cutting your boiler run time for hot water ,you can also get rid of the triple aquastat and maintaning a 160 boiler temp .I would probalby keep the triple aquastat and if your taco 503 is a expandable model you can have your circ shut off on low boiler temp great for oil it's the zr/zc terminals on the aquastat and the taco relay .I have ripped out quite a few of thoses set ups and the HO 's where never so happy afterwords most stated they used less oil in the summer months then before and had plenty of hot water peace and good luck clammy .
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
This discussion has been closed.