Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Counting the blessings

Options
Blue
Blue Member Posts: 13
I did not expect so much answers to what I believed was only a remark with some comments that came to my mind after reading a news letter that came to my e-mail box.
I do maintain what I said and I thank you ALL for the time you took to let me know your thoughts. Really. Again it appears to me, as the days get darker, that indeed counting the blessing (s) one may have (could he be here or there), can indeed shed some light on any given matter. It is also ,for me, very important to bring value only to what is necessary, don't you think Dan?
Again, thanks so much for what you Folks did.

Blue

Comments

• Blue
    Options
    Counting the blessings

I read very carefully the story about the young man and the underwears he was sewing somewhere... Counting the blessings is for me very relative. I have met working poor families who had to choose up in Mass, whether to afford food or heat for the winter. I have met trades men in the 90's who worked for $10/hour with neither benefits nor insurance. I counted my blessings. I used to take a $100.00 bill and split in $5.00. I would then go to the poorest areas of the City I used to live in and I 'ld give a $5.00 bill to each cart pusher I would meet. I would then, count my blessings. I was filled each Xmas with that necessity. To see the joy in their blurry eyes.
    Then I was stricken ill. All the ones who called themselves "friends" disappeared. I could no longer produce as expected, lost my work and house.
    I still counted the blessings, even when I could not walk anymore. I did wonder what in the world happened to my boilers, my wirings and most of all, my Clients. You see, You the rich, You the modest and You the One who is wondering on how to make ends meet, counting the blessings is once again so relative. In a country of plenty, "sweat shops" do exist and poverty runs high. It is unpleasant to admit it. Rather we talk about those far or not so far away lands where people are openly put to what "WE" call abuse. I do not agree with it but hey, that is the way the economy is run over there and many companies abuse it.
    When I became paralized, no one was there anymore and believe it or not, a lot of blessings were needed.
    Now I sit here afoot of a 6000' giant. One of the biggest mountain of France and I wonder: hmmmm... How does it taste to have a mental health day, how does it feel to go on vacation. Days are all the same or... what I make of them. I am for damn sure that counting the blessings is extremely relevant to each personal case. I am even more convinced of the "cliche" factor involved in it. I had to write this after reading the story of that young man from that not so far away country.
    Thanks to All

Blue
  • Kevin O. Pulver
    Kevin O. Pulver Member Posts: 380
    Options
    Good for you Blue

for keeping a positive outlook when things got worse for you. I try to teach my children to always be thankful no matter what. Recently we had a flood in our small town. I told our children we were thankful to God for the fact our house was not affected. But the people whose homes WERE affected could be thankful it was just the basement and not the main floor. Had their main floors been affected, they could be thankful their houses weren't floating down the Mississippi as we've seen on T.V. before. Had that happened, they could be thankful their family was O.K. Had they lost their family, they could be thankful they had their family for the time they did, and if they knew God, they could be thankful for that too. Some people think they have what they have because of their hard work. They forget to be thankful to God for a strong body and sharp mind and opportunities that ALLOW them to work. Bless the Lord o my soul and forget not ALL His benefits-Psalm 103
    Kevin
  • Rookie_4
    Rookie_4 Member Posts: 18
    Options

In an era when "One Nation Under God" makes it to the courts, Stores make fortunes during the Christmas season but refuse to call it Christmas and most people sit back and just let their beliefs and traditions get stomped on without out saying a word it's good to read some fine words from someone who is willing to accept that his health and skills are a gift from GOD.

God Bless you brother and Merry Christmas!!
    It's Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!Right Here to their Happy Holiday BULL. Washington's Birthday is a Holiday but the fools aren't sending out cards, having parties, and visiting old friends on it.
    ..................ROOKIE

• Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
    Options
    Rookie

That was one of the best posts I have ever read here on The Wall and I have been here a while.

"The Borg" want everyone in the collective. They say "resistance is futile". HAHAHAHAH!

Resistance is mandatory.

Mark H

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Brian (Tankless)
    Brian (Tankless) Member Posts: 340
    Options
    Dear Blue, Kevin Rookie & Mark.

I love you guys. We are judged by what we do, and God IS the judge.

Blue, you very obviously did not post to draw attention to yourself. You want people to wake up....& it worked.

If God wasn't in my world/life, I'd have been a dead drunk a long time ago (I''m still not sure what he's saving me for).

No matter who your/our/my God is, He made us all "Stewards of his Earth" and we are charged with making efficient use of what He gave us. (Ask Sir Timmie what motivates him).

Today, I drew a blank on job hunting. But a (post Rita) clearing crew came down my road to load fallen trees into trucks to be taken away & burned. After taking them drinking water & some home-made-from-scratch spaghetti, they said they'd load as many oak trunks as my trailer could carry off. I already have a saw-miller who will saw it all up into planks I can use for making all kinds of wonderful things.

God's alive and well.

Brian W.

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
    Options
    This good man

I've known for years, and when he was working here his work was magnificant. He took pride in each of his jobs, and when he was finished he would place this bronze plaque on the boiler.

He gave me one years ago and I have had it on my desk ever since. Blue is an inspiration to me, and he always has been, especially now as he struggles with his illness and yet maintains his incredible humanity and caring for others.

Thank you, my friend.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Blue
    Options
    Thanks to you

for all the teaching. But everyone knows this. I am very touched up here in the mountains by your words. Little to eat and a lot to write and think about. Dan, this, was for me a generous gift that I shall cherish. Thanks so very much to All.

Blue
  • PJO_5
    PJO_5 Member Posts: 199
    Options
    Gentlemen...

One of the finest threads I have ever laid my eyes on...

Thanks to all of you - and to Blue for starting it.

Take Care, PJO
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    Thank You . *~/:)

• Brian (Tankless)
    Brian (Tankless) Member Posts: 340
    Options
    I wish you lived in this country,

Blue, because I'd get in my truck right now, this minute and bring you some of my legendary (I wish) spaghetti.

Today, I feel that God is in my house.

This thread reminded me that hateful & grateful can't co-exist, it's either one or the other. Today, I'm grateful, thank you, Blue.

And thank you, Dan. Without this very special forum, 5,000 people per day wouldn't get to read & share in moments like this.

It's a beautiful, crisp, sunny day in SW Louisiana.

Brian & Autumn Wood.
This discussion has been closed.