Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

system 2000

Options
Rich P.
Rich P. Member Posts: 60
From memory, you use the the t4 zone on existing manager and you add another zone valve with and end switch
(the one originally with z4) together they wire in parallell with your radiant zone valves end switch to turn on burner/circulator
you do not use the z4 output now.
you probably need another transformer for the radiant zone valve(you probably already have one)
the disadvantage is you will not get the post purging effect

Good luck
Hope this helps
Rich P

Comments

• james k
    james k Member Posts: 12
    Options
    sytem 2000

Is there a way to add a fifth zone valve without adding another system manager?
    Background info. The builder remodeled the bathroom three years ago, adding radiant heat.The zone valve that was near the boiler was locked open (honeywell). The end switch on the remote radiant panel apparently was wired on with another zone. This spring the ho finally noticed this she called another plumber who came and disconnected the wires. Somewhere along the line an additional transformer was added to run one of the zones. Why? I dont know since the fifth zone was never wired in.
    I wired the fourth zone into the sytem manager the way it should be. I then wired zone valve near the boiler into the transformer and tied it into the end switch on the remote panel and every thing works ok ecept it doesn't turn on the boiler circ. I know it should have another system manager to be right, but is there a way to maybe wire the end switch in somewhere to get the circ to come on when needed?
    thanks James.

This discussion has been closed.