Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

have any of you managed an editorial column

Larry Weingarten
Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,289
...Dan can WRITE! Any advice he gives you is gold. (Let's see if we can lure him over...:) Anyway, why not make up a six month list of topics you want to discuss. If it is to be a question and answer column, get questions right away to work with. Entice folks to contact you with their questions. Answer them as though you were a judge, sitting up on that bench. You're there to help, but completely impartial, with no self interest at all...except to have fun! Look at the style/voice different columnists use and use the ones you like as a jumping off point. Really, you don't need help. You communicate your thinking quite nicely.

Yours, Larry

ps. For the uninitiated, "The Book of Weezboisms" a translation, might be useful ;~)

Comments

• Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Any one managed an editorial column in the local news...

Paper on hydronic heating, radiant space conditioning, control stadgey and energy efficiency in this century...i am contemplating the idea, an wonder who it is that is helping me *~/:)
    accurate information would be a must as would current reasearch and developement of products and some contrast to previous systems. Insight of professional problem solvers in the field would seem to be important also. Yah?
    Any thoughts? done it? was a good thing ?been there, would never consider doing it again?
    have a open forum for the habby homeowner and peers interested in the topics? maybe every two weeks ? i am just guessing ,never really done this ...to me it seems timely and informative and a way to sorta contribute to the world around me on another level....
    Any input ? one thing that is concerning me is the way i write...it doesnt really fit in the boxes ::) plus +?
  • Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,289
    Give it a try.

Let it evolve. Don't worry about your writing style as long as you provide the necessary translation ;~) Sounds like a lot of work. I'm sure you would find help here as strange questions come up. I'll try to help with domestic water heating questions!

Yours, Larry
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    That sure sounds like it would help ,Larry.

The chance to present lots of views and perspectives is exactly what appeals to me. it might even be a good think if i could find some Devils advocates to drop in from time to time to bust up the monotomy of the special languages we use in the trades...i try my best to lighten everyone up a bit however propritey would have to be what id have to maintain were i a columnist.so...I Really need help*~/:)
This discussion has been closed.