Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

outdoor reset with indirect fired water heater

Options
outdoor reset controls I've worked with have indirect heater function built in to them . Were you looking at a particular brand of OR control ? What brand boiler are you using ?

Comments

• jhansen
    jhansen Member Posts: 59
    Options
    outdoor reset with indirect fired water heater

when installing outdoor reset with an indirect fired water heater is their a simple way to bypass the reset temperature and allow the boiler to ramp up to 180 degrees when needed for demand? i have figured out a way utilizing some relays however maybe a manufacturer has a control that eliminates reset on priority demand.

thanks for the input. jrh
  • Al Letellier_9
    Al Letellier_9 Member Posts: 929
    Options
    reset override

use a Tekmar 260. Sell a lot of them and they work...have one on my boiler. Went from a tankless operation @ 800 gal/year to an indirect with 260 and cut it to 510 gallons...worth the investment !!!

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Options
    Good show Al !

Now there are some solid numbers ! Almost a gallon a day on average less fuel used.

Lets see....8/10ths a gallon a day...X 365 days =292 gallons /year. While the prices keep rising, lets just see what that is at the local rate of around 2.65/gal....HHMMMM 774$ per year...I think the payback will be relatively short...don't you? Chris
  • Lee_3
    Lee_3 Member Posts: 17
    Options
    what kind of tankless?

By tankless was it an on demand like a Rinnai ?

I was under the impression that an on demand system was more efficent than an indirect.
  • joel_19
    joel_19 Member Posts: 931
    Options
    Tankless

he's talking a tankless oil boiler which is a coil in the boiler requiring the boiler to be hot all the time. And i doubt a Rinnai is more eff than a modcon and an indirect for a typical familly where mom runs stuff constantly .

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Joe Mattiello
    Joe Mattiello Member Posts: 707
    Options

Taco EXP version of switching relay controls for pumps, or zone valves have an interface terminal for an add-on outdoor reset control. If you switch the priority toggle switch to priority on position the priority zone will always over ride the outdoor reset control. For your reference I attached the instruction sheet for the PC700-2 outdoor reset control.
    Joe Mattiello
    N. E. Regional Manger, Commercial Products
    Taco Comfort Solutions
This discussion has been closed.