Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Pricing Question

Options
K Martin
K Martin Member Posts: 2
I just recently purchased a home in Metro Detroit, that has a built on porch in the back. The porch is not a part of the homes heating or cooling system. Although, the door which leads to the back porch is off the dining room and it also shares a window with the kitchen. How complicated would it be to tie this room in with the rest of the homes ventilation? There is a vent on the opposite wall in the dining room, but there is a brick wall on the other side. How much am I looking at paying for this type of work. Or does anyone have any suggestions on what the most cost effective thing to do would be?

Comments

• K Martin
    K Martin Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Pricing and Complexity Question

I just recently purchased a home in Metro Detroit, that has a built on porch in the back. The porch is not a part of the homes heating /cooling system. Although, the door which leads to the back porch is off the dining room and it also shares a window with the kitchen. How complicated would it be to tie this room in with the rest of the homes ventilation? There is a vent on the opposite wall in the dining room, but there is a brick wall on the other side. How much am I looking at paying for this type of work. Or does anyone have any suggestions on what the most cost effective thing to do would be?
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    Mr Martin

We shy away from quoting any prices here in the wall.

Besides the fact that it would be impossible to give a quote with out a site visit. Too many variables.

If you are having a tough time finding a contractor the Find A Contractor area on this website is a great place to start.

Good Luck

Scott

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • John R. Hall
    John R. Hall Member Posts: 2,246
    Options
    Drop me a line

I know a lot of contractors in metro Detroit. johnhall@achrnews.com

This discussion has been closed.