Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Flow check location?

Options
hr
hr Member Posts: 6,106
unlike the situation a lot of indirect tanks have. Slow, ghost flows overheating them.

The Grundfos Super Brute with a positive check, located in the proper location :) and a second check on the return should handle it. I don't see a reason the check could not be at the coil, as well as the circ for that matter.

Another option would be a circ on supply, and a zone valve on the return for a more positive "stop"

hot rod

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=144&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,113
    Options
    Flow check location

I'm looking for a bit of knoweledge on the best location for flow check valves on a multi circ system that's serving some combition heating cooling units .It seems there alot of thermal migration caused by the a/c coils (refregerant type coils)durning the summer migrating all the way back to the circ of course the copper supply and return are not insulated and there are no flow checks on the system as of yet .The existing boiler serving them is a blown out weil thats 3 season old and piped like @$$% and leaking like a sive.I planned on repiping and replacing the boilers installing 2 buderus boilers and piping p/s .I planned on ifc pumps and a thermal trap on each fan coil return and a flow check on the reurn probaly a a spring check .But im still a little worried about getting migration the heating coils are mounted after the cooling coil and i wonder if the flow check on the return should be place closer to the heating coil outlet .The old boiler is leaking from improper assemble of the block and most likely no pressure test after assembled plus it looks like she suffered some thermal shock from the looks of the casting and burner assemble was just loaded with rust from condensation .But the building owner got what he wanted a cheap relacement job and that's what he got on another note the company who did the replaceent was a hvac company but is now outta the business thanks to being bankrupt and the state but it heard it didn't stop them from selling service contracts till the day before being shut down . Peace and thanks clammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
  • clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,113
    Options
    Thanks

Thanks hot rod sometimes everybody needs a little encourgement after seing this one anyone would, this one may be going on in a few weeks i'll post some photos of the before enough to make you sick .But as always the only thing seperating me from doing the job is money and hopefully the building owners have found there's i had given them a little higher end opition but i think they needed cpr so i'm revising the equiptment used and working on getting the numbers down . The air handlers are about 40 years old and so was the origanal boiler so from the sounds of the bearing and leaking condensate on the floor they'll be needing them replace in the near future also still have the original condensing units though ,nice ulity bills to about 4 grand a month on a 10000 sq. ft. building alot of heat lose there .Got to make a living right .peace and thanks
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
This discussion has been closed.