Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

gorton vs. hoffman

Options
Joe_39
Joe_39 Member Posts: 47
gorton or hoffman??

any problem with using both brands on one system?

Comments

• gerry gill
    gerry gill Member Posts: 3,078
    Options
    you can mix the two..

they operate on different principles..the gorton vent is sensitive to ambiant and radiant heat so place it carefully..ie, not next to a bare steam pipe..or in a very hot boiler room ceiling..but the gorton #2 vents air faster than the hoffmans..so thats why they are favoured.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    gwgillplumbingandheating.com
    Serving Cleveland's eastern suburbs from Cleveland Heights down to Cuyahoga Falls.

• michael_15
    michael_15 Member Posts: 231
    Options
    I've got both

I have Gortons of my main but for some of the radiators I use the adjustable Hoffman 1A vents. This is mostly because my system has been in flux ever since I moved into the home, what with the removal of old insulation, lag time before replacing the insulation, and a fairly slow installation of such new insulation. Also, I added radiation recently and so forth. The 1A allows me to more easily balance the venting without having to swap vents, since there is no such thing (unless there's something new I don't know about) as an adjustable Gorton radiator vent.

-Michael
This discussion has been closed.