Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

steamstorage tank

Options
bob young
bob young Member Posts: 2,177
anyone ever control a steam storage w/ internal coil[ heat exchanger ] with a solenoid valve and aqastat ? how many pounds pressure max. maintenence man scrapping spence valve and designing his own system.comments welcome

Comments

• Tony Conner_2
    Tony Conner_2 Member Posts: 443
    Options
    Why...

... would you want to get rid of a modulating control valve, and go with an on-off valve like a solenoid? Even if it's sized correctly (most aren't), the solendoid will "hunt" at low loads, banging on and off repeatedly. If it's seriously oversized (most are), it'll "hunt" even at high loads.

What is the steam safety valve setting? I see a lot of ASCO solenoids installed in systems that operate at 125 PSIG or under, but the safety valve that protects the system lifts at 150. I've never seen an ASCO rated for more than 125 steam.
  • bob young
    Options
    modul. valve

thanks,tony. my thoughts exactly. seems like this guy is trying to blow up this bldg.he is running ten pounds steam for a two storey facility.
  • bob young
    Options
    modul. valve

thanks,tony. my thoughts exactly. seems like this guy is trying to blow up this bldg.he is running ten pounds steam for a two storey facility.
This discussion has been closed.