Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Fini

Options
Ron Huber
Ron Huber Member Posts: 121
We started this project 2 years ago, the builder just finished, we have been heating it for two winters during construction without anyone living there, 17 radiant zones 5 zones of fin tube in cabinet enclosures, AC and steam humidifiers, two 120 gallon DHW tanks, radiant in the wall going up the main stairway of the Turret to the second floor, the place is starting to feel just like home, Yah right

Comments

• Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    i would fall away like a fly...after the first three months...

while the end vision is wonderful an all getting to the end of the job would drag me into the ground...takes lots of stamina to stand up to that much work...very nice work take a break..you have more than earned it...
  • eleft_4
    eleft_4 Member Posts: 509
    Options
    CRAFTSMANSHIP...yes

Beautiful job, Remember; "ours is not to wonder why, but to do and collect"

Thanks for sharing the photos.

al
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Options
    Nice

Nice Ron. Nice to see insulation on the piping array. Why so many pumps?? I presume you zone by pumps, rather than telestats. Are you using a Vitotronic 200 with lead-lag staging? Grundfos loves you. :)

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Dan Foley
    Dan Foley Member Posts: 1,258
    Options
    Nice...

Nice house, and nice work! There never seems to be enough space in the mechanical room - always a tight fit. You did a great job getting everything in there. Where is it located? Whose steam humidifiers did you use? -DF

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Ken_8
    Ken_8 Member Posts: 1,640
    Options
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    Outstanding work

I can't beleive this is the same house you showed me two years ago. Glad to see you still around here Ron. Some of these newbies need to see what the "Old Masters " can do :).

Top shelf work, only thing missing is the diamond plate :)

Don't be a stranger.

Scott

• Boiler Guy
    Boiler Guy Member Posts: 585
    Options
    Excellent

workmanship. Very nice interior finishes too. Is that a timber frame structure? Where is it located?

You should be deservedly proud!!
  • Ron Huber
    Options
    Pumps R Us

This customer had a house in Ct. with 1 pump and zone valves, he originally insisted on all pumps, with the three speed
    Grundfos pumps it was not so bad, Hey, his electric bill has averaged $700 a month since they installed the chandeliers that have 44 bulbs each and theres 3 of them like that. I used two Tekmar mixing controls for the two temps I needed for the radiant along with the Tekmar two stage boiler control, the Viessman controls are the KK controls, an expensive aquastat.
    This jobe was through a local builder on Lake Sunapee NH, but I have gotten a lot of high end jobs from my internet leeds which I owe to attending a workshop given by one Paul Pollets a few years ?? ago on atracting new business through the internet, thanks Paul, it really works.
  • Ron Huber
    Options
    NH

Located on Lake Sunapee NH, we used Nortec Res Deluxe steam humidifiers.
  • Ron Huber
    Options
    Thanks Scott

Hey, I think this is the only place anybody really understands and appreciates our work, so it's nice to get a pat on the back once in a while from people I respect in the trades, now if I can just make more money so I can get me one of these starter castles I'll be all set, guess I should have stayed in brain surgeon school instead of being a demolition specialst in the Army.
  • Ron Huber
    Options
    No timbers

Just lots of Lam beams and steel. And lots of wood, very little sheet rock in this place, all clear fir and 60% of the fir delivered was not acceptable, it was sold to other builders in the area, every peice had to be consistant in color and no blemishes or Knots.
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    Options
    Love that area

Ron, I must have passed you at some time or other...That is a beautiful job!! What a house, I hope the owner realizes the quality job he just recieved...
  • Ron Huber
    Options
    In the area

Lchmb, do you live in NH?
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    Even the pictures

are top quality! Amazing how much money folks spend on home construction. Nice work :)

hot rod

• Ron Huber
    Options
    Last look

The next time I come back, maybe they'll have some furniture in the place so I can sit back and relax.
This discussion has been closed.