Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Please Read

Options

Comments

• Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380
    Options
    Please Read

Please read the thread on the top of the wall entitled "Unions Oppose College Program".

The goal of the HVAC/R program at Suffolk County Community College is to provide education for present and future HVAC/R service technicians. Please, please, please let your legistlators know how important this comprehensive HVAC/R program is.

Thanks for your support.

• Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    Options
    Education-

Hi Eugene,I side with both parties ,from the view point of EDUCATION and PROFESSIONALISM and COMPETENCE ,but to put one over the other I disagree with and I side with the Professos and Dan H. I constantly look for more HVACR classes to go to, so I can try to be a better mechanic!
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    did . and it rubs me the wrong way.

the unions are not the only game in town and it irks them no end.especially when you got to where you are today without any help from them WHATSOEVER. i am a bit like get it straight and break the union from the gate. i feel this way because when i asked the sorry SOB's into the apprenticeship they sniveled about how i was too young...they can shove it where the trees dont grow , the sun dont shine and the leaves dont sprout.

There is no Love loss lets say....

The educational system is not supposed to be ruled by what AGE a person happens to be. the union has no constructive in put and any time that they have a chance they drag thier feet and snivel...thank God the younger crowd get up and get after it and definitely Listen to viewpoints other than the ones kicked down by the union.

i used to like to go stand in the hall and ask things like "well ,where are you on the list? and when did you last go to work ? and so how much are you making an hour now? and wouldnt you have more in your pocket if you went to work today and were paid vs standing around here with your finger ... why arent you working.?and are you going to keep paying tribute with no representation ?" and that sort of thing....*~/:) then i used to like to show the pictures of the last good work and rant on about the new tools ,books, materials,personal responsibility,future prospects and the current job :) i also liked asking "Well, are you helping your family? or anyone in the community ? or donating any time to the local community ? and then rapp on about the service work during the last winter and the smiles on Kids faces at Christmas that someone had burned some daylight for them :}

:) Thank God i aint married to them:)
This discussion has been closed.