Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

What is the smallest modcon made? (ME)

Options
Have been so busy haven't really had much of a chance to follow things here on the Wall. What is the current smallest input on a wall hung mod con boiler? Make and model?

Is the T-50 from HTP still the smallest kid on the block? Or has someone else taken over that position?

TIA

ME

Comments

• Josh_10
    Josh_10 Member Posts: 787
    Options

Not sure exactly but I think the Trinity TI150 is smaller.
  • Troy_3
    Troy_3 Member Posts: 479
    Options
    Smallest

Mark: That is the smallest I've seen. It sure does fit the smaller jobs nicely.
  • Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
    Options
    T-50

as far as I know.

What WILL they do when people start building better houses??

All you manufacturers better start thinking smaller.

Mark H

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Doug_36
    Doug_36 Member Posts: 2
    Options

Just a homeowner who still loves our NTI Trinity T-150. A great boiler at a great price. Small, simple, efficient. The size of a medicine cabinet and yet it easily manages the heat and hot water needs of a 250 year old house. Deserves a look for any installation.
  • S Ebels
    S Ebels Member Posts: 2,322
    Options
    Don't know of any

At least none that are available here Mark. Don't you wish "they" would come up with a 100,000 btu model with a 10:1 turndown on it.

Maybe the powers that be at Viessmann will bless us with something like this some day. Goes from 14K to about 60K if my math estimitation is close.

http://www.viessmann.de/web/germany/com_publish.nsf/Content/Vitodens343
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    seen one on a British site 2.5KW

that seems about as pinner a heating system source ...when does USA see one? and more importantly albiet slightly biases,When does Alaska see one? *~/:)

oops i thin it is 47Kw output with a turn down to 2.5KW.
  • Kevin_in_Denver_2
    Kevin_in_Denver_2 Member Posts: 588
    Options
    What's the motivation?

I guess I don't see why a manufacturer would bother with anything less than 50k btuh input, because you need 50k just for DHW.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Unknown
    Options

The trinity's minimum modulation rate is twice the Munchkin's.
  • Unknown
    Options

Many water heaters don't have that kind of input. If you don't need more for that, and you don't need more for heating...

Plus a lot of people could use a nice instantaneous for DHW or have DHW being met already via other means. For heating only, I dream of a 5k to 40k unit. I see a few projects a month easy that such a unit would fit perfectly.

The T50 for now is it; lowest min modulation around, and it can jack up its output higher for DHW I believe.
  • JBH_2
    JBH_2 Member Posts: 9
    Options

Weil-McLain Ultra 80 and the Lochinvar Knight 80 modulate down to 16,000 input.
  • Josh_10
    Josh_10 Member Posts: 787
    Options

Ahh, I just assumed that we were talking about physical size. Yes I agree the Munchkin is still the lowest BTUH Mod/Con. I am surprised that other manufacturers haven't picked up on this. I would say that the T50 would heat 60% of the houses we do. Having that turndown is great.
This discussion has been closed.