Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

EZ Floor

Options
Tony_23
Tony_23 Member Posts: 1,033
<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=384&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Tony_23
    Options
    Has anyone tried this product ?

Looks like a helluva idea ! No distributor anywhere near me so I can't actually see it, other than their website.

Got a new radiant house starting soon :)

While I usually use R-5 below grade, and this claims 11.9, the time savings potential is huge and could outweigh the cost. Although I haven't got prices yet, so I really don't know what the cost is and am only guessing that it is more than 1" blueboard.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • jim lockard
    jim lockard Member Posts: 1,059
    Options
    E-Z floor

Tony- my friends have used it and really like, saw E-Z floor at Rad-fest. Ferguson carrys it, the cost I was told is about the same as maybe a little more then R-10 board. 2" thick interlocking panels with the tubing locked in below the surface so that no one walks on the tubing and tears it up.
    I know I will be using it on my next concrete floor Rad project. If you need help finding it in Fergusons system contact me. Best Wishes J.Lockard
  • JimL
    JimL Member Posts: 21
    Options
    Close but........

Actually, It sounded like a good idea to me as well so I had a panel sent to me to take a look at. My first impression was pretty good but there are 2 things I'm not particulary crazy about. First, the tubing very nearly bottoms out on the panel when snapped in place. It may not be fully encased in the crete when poured. Second, I prefer a pex-al-pex in slab jobs for the simple reason it holds a bend and you can work out any twist easily. Since the raz-panel material is an expanded foam with what appears to be a thermoformed layer over the nubs, I did not like how it held the PAP tubing. The foam is softer than extruded and the nubs can be crushed or deformed and the tubing doesn't stay put as tight as I would like. It may be easier to use with plain Pex but I haven't tried it that way. I also looked at the Viega Snap panel which holds the pipe snug but with that product and reg pex, it wants to lift if there's a slight twist in the pex since there's no foam bonded to it. I'd like the snap panel better if it was bonded to a 1" foam but the problem becomes shipping due to the bulk. I think an entire 52 footer filled with raz panel covers only about 11,000 SF. In the end, I'm used to a good vapor barrier, 1.5-2" foam with #6 5' X 10' wire mats and then the tube. I know that the last thing I want to be doing during a pour is messing with tubing that's popping out all over the place. The jury is still out on this one for me. Just my 2 cents.........
    Jim L
  • Tony_23
    Options
    Thanks for the input

I too prefer PAP in concrete.

I'll call tomorrow and see about a sample piece.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • JimL
    JimL Member Posts: 21
    Options
    Not sure where you're located but.......

I got mine from Taylor-Lesemann & associates. They are the mfg rep in the NE as far as I can tell. 410-255-7620 or e-mail mmorrris@wglesemann.com
This discussion has been closed.